|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Kang Jun-Koo
Canon Professorship in Finance
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5662
- PhD (Finance) Ohio State University 1991
- MSc (Finance) Iowa State University 1986
- BA (Business Administration) Korea University 1982
|Dr. Jun-Koo KANG is Canon Professor and Distinguished Professor of Finance at Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He is also the former executive director of the Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre and the former head of the banking & finance division at NBS. Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Kang was the MSU Federal Credit Union Endowed Chair in Financial Institutions and Investments at Michigan State University. Dr. Kang's research interests include corporate finance and international finance, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, international portfolio allocation, and banking. His research has been published in leading finance journals, such as Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, American Economic Review, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Business, and Pacific-Basin Finance Journal. He currently serves as a co-editor of Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, an associate editor of Japan and the World Economy, Journal of Financial Perspectives, and Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, and an editorial review board member of Journal of International Business Studies. He is also a senior fellow and secretary of the Asia Bureau of Finance and Economics Research and a research fellow of the Asian Institute of Corporate Governance. In a recent article by Chan, Chen, and Lee (2011), he was ranked number one in the Asia–Pacific region based on articles published in 21 leading finance journals during 1990-2008. Dr. Kang received his Ph.D. in finance from the Ohio State University.|
|Dr. Kang's research interests include corporate finance and international finance, particularly cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, international portfolio allocation, and banking.|
- Geographic Proximity and Stock Returns
- Kee-Hong Bae, Jun-Koo Kang, and Jin Wang. (2015). Does Increased Competition Affect Credit Ratings? A Reexamination of the Effect of Fitch's Market Share on Credit Ratings in the Corporate Bond Market. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 50, 1011-1035.
- Brown Jeffrey, Stephen Dimmock, Jun-koo Kang, and Scott Weisbenner. (2014). How University Endowments Respond to Financial Market Shocks: Evidence and Implications. American Economic Review, 104(3), 931-962.
- Xin Deng, Jun-Koo Kang, and Buen Sin Low. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Value Maximization: Evidence from Mergers. Journal of Financial Economics, 110, 87-109.
- Bok Baik, Jun-Koo Kang, Jin-Mo Kim, and Joonho Lee. (2013). The Liability of Foreigness in Capital Markets: Evidence from the U.S. Stock Market. Journal of International Business Studies, 44, 391-411.
- Kee-Hong Bae, Jae-Seung Baek, Jun-Koo Kang, and Wei-Lin Liu. (2012). Do Controlling Shareholders' Expropriation Incentives Imply a Link between Corporate Governance and Firm Value? Theory and Evidence. Journal of Financial Economics, 100, 412-435.