|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Kang Jun-Koo
Canon Professorship in Finance
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5662
- PhD (Finance) Ohio State University 1991
- MSc (Finance) Iowa State University 1986
- BA (Business Administration) Korea University 1982
|Dr. Jun-Koo KANG is Canon Professor/Distinguished Professor of Finance at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He was former head of the division of banking and finance and also former founding executive director of the Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre at NBS. Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Kang was the MSU Federal Credit Union Endowed Chair in Financial Institutions and Investments at Michigan State University. His areas of research expertise include mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, capital structure, emerging financial markets, international finance, and banking. His research has been published in leading finance/economic/accounting journals, including Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, American Economic Review, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Business, Accounting Review, Journal of International Business Studies, and Pacific-Basin Finance Journal. He currently serves as a co-editor of Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, an associate editor of Financial Management, Japan and the World Economy, Journal of Financial Perspectives, and Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, and an editorial review board member of Journal of International Business Studies. He is also a senior fellow and a member of executive council of the Asia Bureau of Finance and Economics Research, a research fellow of the Asian Institute of Corporate Governance, and a member of World Economic Forum Expert Network. In a recent article by Chan, Chen, and Lee (2011), he was ranked number one in the Asia–Pacific region based on articles published in 21 leading finance journals during 1990-2008. He received the Nanyang Research Award in 2013, the highest accolade awarded by NTU in recognition for research excellence. Dr. Kang received his Ph.D. in finance from the Ohio State University.|
|Dr. Kang's research interests include corporate finance and international finance, particularly cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, international portfolio allocation, and banking.|
- Differences In Stakeholder (Creditor) Policies Between Family And Non-Family Firms
- Geographic Proximity and Stock Returns
- Jun-Koo Kang and Limin Xu. (2019). Executive Stock Ownership Guidelines and Debtholder Wealth. The Accounting Review, Forthcoming.
- Jun-Koo Kang, Juan Luo, and Hyun Seung Na. (2018). Are Institutional Investors with Multiple Blockholdings Effective Monitors?. Journal of Financial Economics, 128, 576-601.
- Kee-Hong Bae, Jun-Koo Kang, and Jin Wang. (2015). Does Increased Competition Affect Credit Ratings? A Reexamination of the Effect of Fitch's Market Share on Credit Ratings in the Corporate Bond Market. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 50, 1011-1035.
- Brown Jeffrey, Stephen Dimmock, Jun-koo Kang, and Scott Weisbenner. (2014). How University Endowments Respond to Financial Market Shocks: Evidence and Implications. American Economic Review, 104(3), 931-962.
- Xin Deng, Jun-Koo Kang, and Buen Sin Low. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Value Maximization: Evidence from Mergers. Journal of Financial Economics, 110, 87-109.