|Topics: Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, Online Labor Markets, Online Community, Social Media and Social Network|
Methodologies: Econometrics, Data Mining, Text Mining
Academic Honors & Awards
• Research Fellow of the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI). Feb 2017- Feb 2019.
• Selected to the Columbia-Duke-UCLA Workshop on Quantitative Marketing and Structural Econometrics (QuantCamp). Duke University. July,
• Selected to the Big XII+MIS Research Symposium. Oklahama State University. April, 2013.
• Best Paper Awards. The Fifth China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM). Harbin, China 2011.
• PhD Research Small Grants. The University of Texas at Dallas. $3000. 2010-2013.
• The National Top 100 MBA Case Studies. The First Chinese Workshop on MBA/EMBA Cases Study. Beijing, China. 2010.
• Excellent Graduate Students of Heilongjiang Province, China. 2009.
• Excellent Graduate Students of Liaoning Province, China. 2007.
Grants and Funding
• PI (Sole): The Academic Research Fund (AcRF) Tier 1 Grant. Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE). S$50,325.00 (about $40,000). Aug 2017 –
• PI: Start-Up Grant. NTU. S$50,000. Aug 2014 – Aug 2017.
1. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. 2017. Making Recommendations in Crowdsourcing Contests. MISQ. Forthcoming.
2. Mo, J., Kiang, M.Y., Zou, P. and Li., Y. (2010) “A Two-Stage Clustering Approach for Multi-Region Segmentation.” Expert Systems with Applications, 37, pp. 7120–7131.
1. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. The Impact of Competing Tasks on Task Quality in Crowdsourcing Contests.
2. Mo, J. and Zhang, N. Information Signals and Task Entry Decisions: An Empirical Study on Open Innovation Contests.
3. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Chen, J. Exploring the Effects of Sponsoring Tasks in Crowdsourcing Contests.
4. Chen, Y., Boh, W.F., and Mo, J. “Heterogeneous Networks in Online Community and Impact on Online Sellers’ Performance and Influence.”
1. with Chan, J. and Zhang, N. To Compete or Contract? Assessing the Impact of Tournament- and Contract-based Schemes in Online Labor Markets.
2. with Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. A Decision Support System for Designing Tasks in Crowdsourcing Contests.
3. with Wang, L. and Goh, K.H. Opinion Leaders and Opinion Diffusion in Online Knowledge Sharing Community.
1. “Exploring the Effects of Sponsoring Tasks in Crowdsourcing Contests”.
WITS-2017, SCECR-2017, CSWIM-2017.
2. “An Empirical Study of Task Entry Decisions on Open Innovation Contests.”
ICIS-2017, NUS Research Seminar-May 2017
3. “Recruitment in a Crowdsource Environment: An Exploratory Investigation”
4. “Heterogeneous Networks in Online Communities: Social and Economic Impact for Online Sellers.”
5. “The Impact of Competing Tasks on Crowdsourcing Contests”
ICIS-2016, CSWIM-2016, HIT Research Seminar-July 2016, POMS-2016, WCBI-2016, ISS-2015
6. “A Decision Support System for Designing Tasks in Crowdsourcing Contests.”
7. “Making Task Recommendations in Crowdsourcing Contest.”
PACIS-2015, BCSI-2015, WITS-2014, INFORMS-2014.
8. “Does Screening Mechanism Hurt or Help Crowdsourcing Contests?”
9. “Feedback and Incentives in Crowdsourcing Contests: An Empirical Analysis.”
Big XII-2013, BPS-2012
10. “Winning Crowdsourcing Contests: A Multi-Relational Social Network Perspective.”
INFORMS-2011, CSWIM-2011, SCECR-2011,WISE-2010, CIST-2010