|Topics: Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, Online Labor Markets, Online Community, Social Media and Social Network|
Methodologies: Econometrics, Data Mining, Text Mining
Grants and Funding
• PI (Sole): The Academic Research Fund (AcRF) Tier 1 Grant. Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE). S$50,325.00 (about $40,000). Aug 2017 –
• PI: Start-Up Grant. NTU. S$50,000. Aug 2014 – Aug 2017.
1. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. (2018). "Making Recommendations in Crowdsourcing Contests." MISQ.
2. Mo, J., Kiang, M.Y., Zou, P. and Li., Y. (2010) “A Two-Stage Clustering Approach for Multi-Region Segmentation.” Expert Systems with Applications, 37, pp. 7120–7131.
Selected Working Papers
1. Mo, Jiahui., Sarkar, Sumit., and Menon, Syam. The Impact of Competing Tasks on Task Quality in Crowdsourcing Contests. (under review)
2. Mo, Jiahui. and Zhang, Nila. Information Signals and Task Entry Decisions: An Empirical Study on Open Innovation Contests. (under review)
3. Mo, Jiahui., and Li, Zhuoxin. Is Product Sampling Good for Brands’ Online Word of Mouth? (under review)
4. Mo, Jiahui., Chen, Jianqing, and Sarkar, Sumit. Sponsored Tasks and Solver Participation in Crowdsourcing Contests.
5. Chen, Yi., Boh, Wai Fong., and Mo, Jiahui. Heterogeneous Networks in Online Community and Impact on Online Sellers’ Performance and Influence.
6. Chan, Jason, Mo, Jiahui, and Zhang, Nil. To Compete or Contract? Assessing the Impact of Tournament- and Contract-based Schemes in Online Labor Markets.
1. Wang, L., Mo, J., and Li, B. An Empirical Investigation of Sales Cheating Effect in E-commerce
2. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. Participation Behavior and Performance in Open Innovation.
•Nominated for the Best Short Paper Award in ICIS 2018
3. Mo, J., Sarkar, S., and Menon, S. A Decision Support System for Designing Tasks in Crowdsourcing Contests.
4. Wang, L., Mo, J., and Li, B. Cheat to Chase: Exploring the Antecedences of Sales Fraud in E-commerce
- Mo, Jiahui, and Li, Zhuoxin. (2018). Proceeding of ICIS: Is Product Sampling Good for Brands’ Online Word of Mouth?. ICIS.
- Jiahui Mo, Sumit Sarkar, and Syam Menon. (2018). Proceeding of ICIS: Participation Behavior and Performance in Open Innovation. ICIS.
- Le Wang, Jiahui Mo, and Beibei Li. (2018). Proceeding of ICIS: An Empirical Investigation of Sales Cheating Effect in E-commerce. ICIS.
- Jiahui Mo, Sumit Sarkar, and Syam Menon. (2018). Know When to Run: Recommendations in Crowdsourcing Contests. MIS Quarterly, 42(3), 919-944.
- Jiahui Mo, Sumit Sarkar, Jianqing Chen. (2017). Examining the Effects of Sponsoring Tasks in Crowdsouring Contests. Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS).