|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Tan Joo Ean
Associate Chair (Students), School of Social Sciences
School of Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: HSS-05-40/ HSS-06-15D
- PhD University of Texas at Austin 1991
- MA University of Texas at Austin 1987
- BA(Hons) University of Western Ontario 1985
|Tan Joo Ean currently teaches Sociology at Nanyang Technological University. She has also worked at the National University of Singapore, and at the University of Washington in Seattle where she was a post-doctoral fellow.|
|Marriage and Family Issues; Identity and Social Change; Southeast Asia (urban); Social Demography.|
- Social, economic and political change and family patterns in Reformasi Indonesia
- JooEan Tan, Premchand Dommaraju. (2018). An Exploration of the Modern Family in Indonesia. Women's Leadership and Democratization in the 21st Century Asia.
- Dommaraju, Premchand and Tan Joo Ean. (2017, October). Marriage in Transition: Social Change and Reformasi in Indonesia.. Paper presented at XXVII IUSSP Internal Population Conference, Cape Town.
- JooEan Tan. (2016, July). Family Ties and Social Networks of Married Women in Post-Reformasi Jakarta, Indonesia. Paper presented at Third ISA Forum of Sociology, University of Vienna.
- Tan JooEan. (2015, August). The meaning of marriage and the role of family: A study of never-married women in Bangkok, 1997 and 2012. Paper presented at ISA RC06 2015 Seminar on “Individualisation, Internationalisation and Family Policy, Dublin, Ireland.
- Dommaraju, Premchand and JooEan Tan. (2014). Households in Contemporary Southeast Asia. Journal of Comparative Family Studies, 45(4), 559-580.
« Back to Research Directory