|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Julien Cayla
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5670
- PhD University of Colorado 2003
- MBA Indiana University of Pennsylvania 1997
- Diplome de Grande Ecole Institut Commercial de Nancy 1995
|Julien Cayla is an Associate Professor of Marketing at Nanyang Business School (Singapore). Professor Cayla received his PhD from the University of Colorado (Boulder, United States) where he majored in marketing and minored in cultural anthropology. Most recently Professor Cayla has been involved in a research program on the the service industry and the anthropology of customer experiences. His work has appeared in the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Marketing, Organization Studies and MIT Sloan Management Review. He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Consumer Research. He has received multiple awards for his research including the MSI Alden Clayton Award as well as the Nanyang Business School Research Award. His work has been featured in various media such as The Atlantic, the BBC, The Sun, La Stampa and Channel News Asia.|
|• Customer experience|
• Service interactions
• Consumer culture in Asia
• Recognition theory
- A Cross - Cultural Comparison of Service Interactions
- Scott, Rebecca, Julien Cayla, Bernard Cova. (2017). Selling Pain to the Saturated Self. Journal of Consumer Research, 42 (June), 22-43.
- Cayla, Julien and Kushagra Bhatnagar. (2017). Language and Power in India’s "New Services". Journal of Business Research, 72 (March), 189-198.
- Cayla, Julien, Arnould, Eric and Robin Beers. (2014). Stories that Deliver Business Insights. MIT Sloan Management Review, 55(2), 55-62.
- Cayla, Julien and Eric Arnould. (2013). Ethnographic Stories for Market Learning. Journal of Marketing, 77(4), 1-16.
- Cayla, Julien and Lisa Peñaloza. (2012). Mapping the Play of Organizational Identity in Foreign Market Adaptation. Journal of Marketing, 76, 38-54.
« Back to Research Directory