|Dr. Hou Han Wei joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in January 2018 as an Assistant Professor. He received his BEng (First Class Hons) and PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2008 and 2012, respectively. Upon graduation, he did his postdoctoral training at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). In 2014, Dr. Hou joined the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) at NTU as the inaugural LKCMedicine Postdoctoral Fellow. |
Dr. Hou has over 30 peer-reviewed scientific publications and 6 patents/patent applications on microfluidic cell separation technologies. His work has been featured in online science (ScienceDaily, TheScientist, Cancerforall and Genomeweb), healthcare (News Medical), as well as technology magazines (Gizmag, Nanowerk). He has received several scientific awards including the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Graduate Fellowship (2009), Young Investigator Award at the 6th World Congress of Biomechanics (2010), and LKCMedicine Postdoctoral Fellowship (2014). His PhD work on the development of a high-throughput spiral microfluidics biochip for circulating tumor cells (CTCs) isolation has been licensed to Clearbridge BioMedics Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based biotech company, and is currently their flagship product for cancer diagnostics.
Research group website: http://www.hwhoulab.com
- N.V. Menon, H.M. Tay, K.T. Pang, R. Dalan, S.C. Wong, X.M. Wang, K.H.H. Li and H.W. Hou*. (2018). A tunable microfluidic 3D stenosis model to study leukocyte-endothelial interactions in atherosclerosis. APL Bioengineering, 2(1), 016103.
- H.M. Tay, R. Dalan, K.H.H. Li, B.O. Boehm* and H.W. Hou*. (2017). An integrated microdevice for neutrophil functional phenotyping in diabetes testing. Small, , 17022832.
- N.V. Menon, H.M. Tay, S.N. Wee, K.H.H. Li and H.W. Hou*. (2017). Micro-engineered perfusable 3D vasculature for cardiovascular diseases. Lab on a Chip, 17(17), 2960-2968.
- H.M. Tay, S. Kharel, R. Dalan, Z.J. Chen, K.K. Tan, B.O. Boehm, S.C.J. Loo and H.W. Hou*. (2017). Rapid purification of sub-micrometer particles for enhanced drug release and microvesicles isolation. NPG Asia Materials, 9, 434.
- H.W. Hou, C. Petchakup, H.M. Tay, Z.Y. Tam, R. Dalan, D.E.K. Chew, K.H.H. Li and B.O. Boehm. (2016). Rapid and label-free microfluidic neutrophil purification and phenotyping in diabetes mellitus. Scientific Reports, 6.