|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Huang, Xun (Irene)
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
- PhD (Marketing) The Chinese University of Hong Kong 2013
- MA (Marketing) Fudan University 2008
- BA (Business Administration) South China University of Technology 2005
|Xun (Irene) Huang received her PhD in Marketing from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2013. Her research focuses on how specific emotions and sensory experiences influence consumer decision-making and behavior. Her research has been published in leading academic journals, including Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research, Psychological Science, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, and Social Psychological and Personality Science. Her research has also been featured in several media outlets including the Harvard Business Review and the Wall Street Journal. She was a recipient of the NBS Research Award 2017, SCP Park Young Contributor Award 2015, CUHK Young Scholars Thesis Award 2013 and CUHK Postgraduate Research Output Award 2012.|
|Consumer Psychology and Information Processing |
- The Influence of Comparative Mind-Sets on Prosocial Behavior
- Huang, Zhongqiang (Tak), Xun (Irene) Huang, and Yuwei Jiang. (2018). The Impact of Death-Related Media Information on Consumer Value Orientation and Scope Sensitivity. Journal of Marketing Research, Forthcoming.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Ping Dong, and Aparna A. Labroo. (2018). Feeling Disconnected from Others: The Effects of Ambient Darkness on Hedonic Choice. International Journal of Research in Marketing, Forthcoming.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Zhongqiang (Tak) Huang, and Robert S. Wyer. (2018). The Influence of Social Crowding on Brand Attachment. Journal of Consumer Research, 44(5), 1068-1084.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Ping Dong, and Robert S. Wyer. (2017). Competing for Attention: The Effects of Jealousy on Preference for Attention-Grabbing Products. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 27(2), 171-181.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Zhongqiang (Tak) Huang, and Robert S. Wyer. (2016). Slowing Down in the Good Old Days: The Effect of Nostalgia on Consumer Patience. Journal of Consumer Research, 43(3), 372-387.
« Back to Research Directory