|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Huang, Xun (Irene)
Assistant Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Xun (Irene) Huang is Assistant Professor of Marketing at Nanyang Technological University. She received her Ph.D. in Marketing from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2013. Her research focuses on how specific emotions and physical experiences influence consumer decision-making and behavior. Her research has been published in leading academic journals, including Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research, and Journal of Consumer Psychology. Her research has also been featured in several media outlets including the Harvard Business Review and the Wall Street Journal. She was a recipient of the NBS Research Award 2017, SCP Park Young Contributor Award 2015, CUHK Young Scholars Thesis Award 2013 and CUHK Postgraduate Research Output Award 2012. She was also awarded the Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Young Scholar in 2019.|
|Consumer Psychology and Information Processing |
- Wyer, Robert S., Ping Dong, Xun (Irene) Huang, Zhongqiang (Tak) Huang, and Lisa S. Wan. (2019). The Effect of Incidental Emotions on Judgments and Behavior in Unrelated Situations: A Review. Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, 4(2), 198-207.
- Huang, Xun (Irene) and Ping Dong. (2019). Romantic Crushes Promote Variety-Seeking Behavior. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 29(2), 226-242.
- Huang, Zhongqiang (Tak), Xun (Irene) Huang, and Yuwei Jiang. (2018). The Impact of Death-Related Media Information on Consumer Value Orientation and Scope Sensitivity. Journal of Marketing Research, 55(3), 432-445.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Zhongqiang (Tak) Huang, and Robert S. Wyer. (2018). The Influence of Social Crowding on Brand Attachment. Journal of Consumer Research, 44(5), 1068-1084.
- Huang, Xun (Irene), Zhongqiang (Tak) Huang, and Robert S. Wyer. (2016). Slowing Down in the Good Old Days: The Effect of Nostalgia on Consumer Patience. Journal of Consumer Research, 43(3), 372-387.
« Back to Research Directory