|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhang Huai
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4097
- PhD(Accounting) Columbia University 2000
- BA(Econ) Peking University 1996
|Dr Huai Zhang received his Ph.D in Accounting from Columbia University in 2000. He taught at University of Illinois at Chicago and was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure at University of Hong Kong before joining Nanyang Business School in 2006. He has published in major accounting and finance journals, including Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Finance and Review of Accounting Studies. He received the Best Paper Award at the 2004 International Finance Conference and the 2016 Midwest Finance Association Meeting. He was also the recipient of Nanyang Business School Research Excellence Award in 2011 and 2013. He sits on the editorial board of Review of Accounting and Finance and The International Journal of Accounting, both refereed academic journals, and is an ad hoc reviewer for journals such as Journal of Accounting Research, The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research and Review of Accounting Studies. He is the keynote speaker at the 5th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance, the 1st Boya Management Accounting Research Forum, and the 14th International Symposium on Accounting Research in China. In recognition of his contributions to China-related studies and his efforts in nurturing local researchers, the Fujian Province Government in China conferred him the title of “Ming Jiang Scholar” (闽江学者) in 2015.|
|Valuation, earnings management and financial analysts.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- Analysts' Following And Future Performance
- Another Look at P/E Ratios
- How do investors perceive the conflict of interest of compensation consultants?
- The causal effect of litigation risk on audit efforts
- David Hirshleifer, Ming Jian and Huai Zhang. (2016). Superstition and financial decision making. Management Science, .
- Jun Guo, Linna Shi and Huai Zhang. (2014). Analyst Cash Flow Forecasts and Pricing of Accruals. Advances in Accounting, 30(1), 95-105.
- Yin, H and H. Zhang. (2014). Tournaments of Financial Analysts. Review of Accounting Studies, 19(2), 573-605.
- Fu R, A. Kraft, H. Zhang. (2012). Financial Reporting Frequency, Information Asymmetry, and the Cost of Equity. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 54, 132-149.
- Shi. L, H. Zhang. (2012). Can the Earnings Fixation Hypothesis Explain the Accrual Anomaly?. Review of Accounting Studies, 17(1), 1-21. Lead article.
« Back to Research Directory