|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhang Huai
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4097
- PhD(Accounting) Columbia University 2000
- BA(Econ) Peking University 1996
|Dr Huai Zhang received his Ph.D in Accounting from Columbia University in 2000. He taught at University of Illinois at Chicago and was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure at University of Hong Kong before joining Nanyang Business School in 2006. He has published in major accounting and finance journals, including Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Finance, Management Science, and Review of Accounting Studies. He received the Best Paper Award at the 2004 International Finance Conference and the 2016 Midwest Finance Association Meeting. He was also the recipient of Nanyang Business School Research Excellence Award in 2011 and 2013. He sits on the editorial board of Review of Accounting and Finance and The International Journal of Accounting, both refereed academic journals, and is an ad hoc reviewer for journals such as Journal of Accounting Research, The Accounting Review, Management Science, Contemporary Accounting Research, and Review of Accounting Studies. He is the keynote speaker at the 5th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance, the 1st Boya Management Accounting Research Forum, and the 14th International Symposium on Accounting Research in China.|
|Valuation, earnings management and financial analysts.|
- Analysts' Following And Future Performance
- Another Look at P/E Ratios
- Financial Reporting Frequency and Corporate Innovation
- How do investors perceive the conflict of interest of compensation consultants?
- The causal effect of litigation risk on audit efforts
- H. Dong and H. Zhang. (2018). Litigation Risk and Corporate Voluntary Disclosure: Evidence from Two Quasi-Natural Experiments. The European Accounting Review, , forthcoming.
- X. He, H. Yin, Y. Zeng, H. Zhang, and H. Zhao. (2018). Facial Structure and Achievement Drive: Evidence from Financial Analysts. Journal of Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- H. Gao, H. Zhang, and J. Zhang. (2018). Employee Turnover Likelihood and Earnings Management: Evidence from the Inevitable Disclosure Doctrine. Review of Accounting Studies, 23(4), 1424-1470.
- Y. Jiang, H. Yin, Y. Cai, and H. Zhang. (2018). Do managers choose the proxy material delivery method strategically?. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, , forthcoming.
- David Hirshleifer, Ming Jian and Huai Zhang. (2018). Superstition and financial decision making. Management Science, 64(1), 235-252.
« Back to Research Directory