|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Khoo Hong Meng
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6244
- PhD (By Research) National University of Singapore 2003
- MSc (Intl Mktg) University of Strathclyde 1994
- Grad Dip (BA) Singapore Institute of Management 1991
- Dip (Ed) National University of Singapore 1986
- BSc National University of Singapore 1985
|Dr. Khoo Hong Meng has a master’s degree in science in international marketing and a Ph.D. in relationship marketing. Her doctoral work examines the variations in the understanding of Guanxi and how the latter affects a firm’s choice of Guanxi building strategies in Singapore and China.
Prior to academia, Dr. Khoo worked for the chemical and medical industries in various capacities, ranging from regional R&D to technical service and marketing. She has successfully developed and commercialized new products for the Singapore and Asia Pacific markets. Her regional marketing experiences, which included commercialising new products, test marketing product protocols, participating in clinical trials of medical devices, and registering new products for marketing in the Asia Pacific region, will be useful in relating practical viewpoints and real-life examples to students on how marketing and businesses are conducted globally.
Her research interests center on Relationship Marketing, International Marketing Strategies, Social Networks in Asia, Scale Development and Customer Profiling.
Dr. Khoo has done consulting work for the private education industry and has taught in numerous executive education programs in Singapore.
|Her main research interest lies in the area of Relationship Marketing. In particular, she is interested in investigating network relationships in Asia. However, she is also keen to conduct research in areas of measurement, cross-cultural marketing, and product innovations.|
- Khoo Hong Meng, Kong Yoon Kee.(2018). Eatigo: Connecting Empty Dining Tables with Empty Stomachs. .
- Khoo Hong Meng. (2015). Apple Watch – Leading the Next Consumer TrendNanyang Technopreneurship Case Center.
- Khoo Hong meng. (2015). Vertical Farming – An Urban Agricultural SolutionNanyang Technopreneurship Center.
- Khoo Hong Meng. (2015). Airbnb – Transforming travel through technologyNanyang Technopreneurship Case Center.
- Khoo Hong Meng. (2014). Scaling New Hieghts Of Sustainability Excellences Singapore Sustainability Awards 2014. Singapore Business Federation.
« Back to Research Directory