|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Sun Handong
Deputy Head (Academic), Division of Physics & Applied Physics
Division of Physics & Applied Physics
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 1999
- MS Huazhong University of Sci & Tech 1988
- BS Dalian University of Technology 1985
|Dr Sun Handong has been with the School of Physical & Mathematical Science since 2007. He is a Fellow of American Physical Society. Dr. Sun received his Bachelor degree in Physics from Dalian University of Technology, Master and Ph.D. degrees from Huazgong University of Science & Technology, and Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, respectively. His research interests include Optoelectronic materials & devices, Semiconductor physics; Optical spectroscopy; Nano-materials & Technology, etc.. He has done significant research works in his research areas and published over 200 top qualityjournal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of journals, including: Nature Photonics, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, laser & Photonics Review, Nano Letters, Small, Appl. Phys. Lett., JACS, etc.|
|Prof Sun's areas of expertise are Optics & Materials physics. His research theme exists at the interface between optical physics and material science, i.e. light-matter interaction. His current research works focus on Optical spectroscopic characterization, Physics behind Optoelectronic Devices, Plasmonics Optics and Applications, Inorganic Perovskite Quantum Dots for Lasers, LEDS and solar cells.|
- Controlling Circular Polarized Light Generation by a Metasurface
- Disruptive Photonic Technologies (DPT)
- Droplet Lasers Coupling for Information Processing Networks
- Excitonics Science and Technology toward Revolutionary Semiconductor Lighting: Ultra-Efficiency Excitonic Energy Transfer for Next-Generation Lighting and Displays
- Exploring the intriguing Optical Properties of Carbon Quantum Dots
- Growth and Spectroscopy Studies of ZnO-based Materials
- Large Scale Design-based Functional Nanomaterials and Heterostructures: Aim for Sustainability
- Micro-Spectroscopic Studies of Nano-Structured Materials
- Modelling and Experimental Comparison of a New Class All-inorganic Perovskite Quantum Dots
- Novel Whispering Gallery Mode Micro-Lasers for Refractive Index Sensing in an Optofluidic Microdevice
- Photophysics of All-Inorganic Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites
- Self-Assembled Organic Nanoparticles for Efficient Three-Photon Imaging
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Towards Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Yue Wang, Van Duong Ta, Kheng Swee Leck, Beng Hau Ian Tan, Zeng Wang, Tingchao He, Claus-Dieter Ohl, Hilmi Volkan Demir, Handong Sun*. (2017). Robust whispering-gallery-mode microbubble lasers from colloidal quantum dots. Nano Letters, 17, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b00447.
- Yue Wang · Xiaoming Li · Xin Zhao · Lian Xiao · Haibo Zeng · Handong Sun. (2016). Nonlinear Absorption and Low-Threshold Multiphoton Pumped Stimulated Emission from All-Inorganic Perovskite Nanocrystals. Nano Letters, .
- Yue Wang, Xiaoming Li, Jizhong Song, Lian Xiao, Haibo Zeng*, Handong Sun*. (2015). All-inorganic colloidal perovskite quantum dots: a new class of lasing materials with favorable characteristics. Advanced Materials, 27, 7101-7108.
- Su Xu, Hongyi Xu, Hanhong Gao, Yuyu Jiang, Faxin Yu, John D. Joannopoulos, Marin Soljačić, Hongsheng Chen*, Handong Sun*, and Baile Zhang*. (2015). Broadband surface-wave transformation cloak. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 112, 7635–7638.
- H. Xu, F. Gao, X. Shi, H. Sun*, B. Zhang. (2014). Untrathin three-dimensional thermal cloak. Physical Review Letters, 112, 054301.