|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hu Guoqiang
Director, Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS)
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4362
- PhD (MechEng) University of Florida 2007
- MPhil (Automation & Comp-Aided Eng) Chinese University of Hong Kong 2004
- BEng (Automation) University of Science & Tech of China 2002
|Guoqiang Hu joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2011. He is currently a tenured Associate Professor and the Director of the Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS). He was an Assistant Professor at Kansas State Univeursity, Manhattan KS, USA, from 2008 to 2011. His research focuses on analysis, control, design and optimization of distributed intelligent systems, with applications to intelligent robotic systems and smart building/energy systems. He was a recipient of the Best Paper in Automation Award in the 14th IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation, and a recipient of the Best Paper Award (Guan Zhao-Zhi Award) in the 36th Chinese Control Conference. He serves as Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Technical Editor for IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, and Subject Editor for International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. He serves as General Chair for ICARCV 2018, General Co-Chair for IEEE ICCA 2018 and Program Co-Chair for IEEE IECON 2020, and was Program Chair for IEEE ICCA 2016. |
|Analysis, control, design and optimization of distributed intelligent systems |
(A) Theoretical research: Distributed control and estimation, distributed optimization and games, distributed decision making
. Intelligent robotics: multi-robot coordination, cloud robotics, swarm intelligence, visual servo control and autonomous systems
. Smart building and energy systems: energy management and optimization, fault diagnostics, building automation and control
- Adaptive Occupancy Based Localized Cooling Control of ACMV Systems
- Comfort-Driven Distributed ACMV Control Retrofit: Driving Energy Efficiency With Novel Sensing and Control Applications
- Distributed Nonlinear Fusion Estimation for Multi-Robot Localization
- Hub-wide Grid Planning and Management System for Industrial Hubs
- Large Vertical Take-off & Landing (VTOL) Research Platform: Prototype Development and Demonstration
- Scalable Multi-Robot Sensor Fusion, Localization, Navigation, and Control
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Underwater Robotic Sensing Network for A Secure and Smart Port
- X. Dong, G. Hu. (2017). Time-varying Formation Tracking for Linear Multi-agent Systems with Multiple Leaders. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62(7), 3658-3664.
- C. Sun, M. Ye, G. Hu. (2017). Distributed Time-varying Quadratic Optimization for Multiple Agents under Undirected Graphs. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62(7), 3687-3694.
- Z. Feng, C. Sun, G. Hu. (2017). Robust Connectivity Preserving Rendezvous of Multi-robot Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 4(4), 725-735.
- Z. Feng, G. Hu, W. Ren, W.E. Dixon, and J. Mei. (2017). Distributed Coordination of Multiple Unknown Euler-Lagrange Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 5(1), 55-66.
- H. Cai, G. Hu. (2017). Distributed Tracking Control of an Interconnected Leader-follower Multi-agent System. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, .