|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chua Geoffrey Bryan Ang
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Deputy Director, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Phone: +65 67906140
Office: S3 B2A 04
|Dr. Geoffrey Chua is Associate Professor of Operations Management at the Nanyang Business School (NBS) and Deputy Director for the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP). He teaches operations management, supply chain management, service operations, and management science at the undergraduate, MBA and MSc levels. He received the Teaching Excellence Award (2014) from NBS and was nominated for the NBS Teacher of the Year award twice (2018, 2014). In 2015, he was selected for The Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) award by JCI Philippines and was nominated for the university-wide Nanyang Education Award. Before joining NBS, he was program director for Management Engineering at the Ateneo de Manila University and an operations consultant for the manufacturing and public sectors.|
Dr. Chua specializes in (1) flexible capacity, (2) inventory management, (3) operations-marketing interface and (4) humanitarian operations. His research has appeared in leading academic journals such as Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, European Journal of Operational Research, and Operations Research Letters. He also regularly presents his work at conferences such as INFORMS, POMS, MSOM, IFORS and APORS. He received the Research Excellence Award twice (2015, 2011) from NBS, the Best Theoretical Paper Award (2006) from APORS, and the President Graduate Fellowship twice (2007, 2006) from NUS. He was awarded a MOE Tier 2 research grant (2016-2019) to study coordination of humanitarian operations for disaster management in Asia.
In addition to serving on the editorial boards of Production and Operations Management and Computers & Operations Research, he also serves as reviewer for several journals such as Operations Research, Management Science, IIE Transactions, European Journal of Operational Research, Naval Research Logistics, and International Journal of Production Economics. For the ITOM division, he served as research seminar coordinator for operations management from 2011 to 2013, and currently sits in the curriculum committee, the PhD committee and the search committee. He is also Fellow of the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) and Honorary Treasurer of the Operational Research Society of Singapore (ORSS).
|His research interests are in (1) Flexible Capacity, (2) Inventory Management, (3) Operations-Marketing Interface, and (4) Humanitarian Operations.|
- Analysis and Design of On-demand Transport Service Platforms with Sharing Option
- Enhancing Coordination in Humanitarian Operations in Asia
- Optimal Design of Flexible Multi-Product Supply Chains
- P1: Analysis and Design of Flexible Production and Service Systems P2: Coordination of Reverse Logistics Activities
- Chua, G. A., R. Mokhlesi and A. Sainathan. (2017). Optimal Discounting and Replenishment Policies for Perishable Products. International Journal of Production Economics, 186, 8-20.
- Q. Yuan, G.A. Chua, X. Liu, Y.F. Chen. (2015). Unsold versus Unbought Commitment: Minimum Total Commitment Contracts with Nonzero Setup Costs. Production and Operations Management, 24(11), 1750-1767.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, H. Zheng. (2014). On the Performance of Sparse Process Structures in Partial Postponement Production Systems. Operations Research, 62(2), 348-365.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, C.P. Teo, H. Zheng. (2011). Process Flexibility Revisited: The Graph Expander and Its Applications. Operations Research, 59(5), 1090-1105.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, C.P. Teo, H. Zheng. (2010). Design for Process Flexibility: Efficiency of the Long Chain and Sparse Structure. Operations Research, 58(1), 43-58.