|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chua Geoffrey Bryan Ang
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Deputy Director, Renaissance Engineering Programme
|Dr Geoffrey Chua is Associate Professor of Operations Management at the Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He is also Deputy Director for the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP). He received his PhD in management with specialization in decision sciences from the National University of Singapore. |
His research interests are in the areas of supply chain management, humanitarian operations and the interface between operations and marketing. He has published in leading academic journals such as Operations Research, Production and Operations Management (POM), European Journal of Operational Research, Naval Research Logistics and Operations Research Letters. He currently serves on the editorial boards of POM and Computers & Operations Research. He was awarded the Research Excellence Award by NBS in 2015 and 2011. He was also awarded a MOE Tier 2 research grant (2016-2019) to study coordination of humanitarian operations for disaster management in Asia.
Dr Chua teaches operations management, supply chain management, service operations, and management science at the undergraduate, MBA and MSc levels. He received the Teaching Excellence Award from NBS in 2014 and was nominated for the NBS Teacher of the Year award three times (2019, 2018, 2014).
He is also Fellow of the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) since 2016 and was Honorary Treasurer of the Operational Research Society of Singapore (ORSS) from 2017 to 2019. In 2015, he was selected for The Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) award by Junior Chamber International (JCI) Philippines.
|Supply Chain Management, Flexible Capacity, Inventory Management, Interface of Operations and Marketing, Humanitarian Operations|
- Analysis and Design of On-demand Transport Service Platforms with Sharing Option
- Enhancing Coordination in Humanitarian Operations in Asia
- Optimal Design of Flexible Multi-Product Supply Chains
- P1: Analysis and Design of Flexible Production and Service Systems P2: Coordination of Reverse Logistics Activities
- G.A. Chua, Y. Liu. (2019). Sensitivity Analysis on Responsive Pricing and Production under Imperfect Demand Updating. Naval Research Logistics, , Forthcoming.
- Q. Yuan, G.A. Chua, X. Liu, Y.F. Chen. (2015). Unsold versus Unbought Commitment: Minimum Total Commitment Contracts with Nonzero Setup Costs. Production and Operations Management, 24(11), 1750-1767.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, H. Zheng. (2014). On the Performance of Sparse Process Structures in Partial Postponement Production Systems. Operations Research, 62(2), 348-365.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, C.P. Teo, H. Zheng. (2011). Process Flexibility Revisited: The Graph Expander and Its Applications. Operations Research, 59(5), 1090-1105.
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, C.P. Teo, H. Zheng. (2010). Design for Process Flexibility: Efficiency of the Long Chain and Sparse Structure. Operations Research, 58(1), 43-58.
« Back to Research Directory