|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Zhang Yue Ping
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904945
Office: S2 B2C 90
|Y. P. Zhang received the B. E. and M. E. degrees from Taiyuan Polytechnic Institute and Shanxi Mining Institute of Taiyuan University of Technology, Shanxi, China, in 1982 and 1987, respectively and the PhD. degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, in 1995, all in electronic engineering.
From 1982 to 1984, he worked at Shanxi Electronic Industry Bureau, from 1990 to 1992, the University of Liverpool, Liverpool, U. K., and from 1996 to 1997, City University of Hong Kong. From 1987 to 1990, he taught at Shanxi Mining Institute and from 1997 to 1998, the University of Hong Kong. He was promoted to a Full Professor at Taiyuan University of Technology in 1996. He is now Professor of Electronic engineering with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He has broad interests in radio science and technology and published widely in the field.
He received the Sino-British Technical Collaboration Award in 1990 for his contribution to the advancement of subsurface radio science and technology. He received the Best Paper Award from the Second IEEE International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing, 18-20th July 2000, Bournemouth, UK and the Best Paper Prize from the Third IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology, 21-23rd March 2007, Cambridge, UK. He was awarded a William Mong Visiting Fellowship from the University of Hong Kong in 2005. He received the S. A. Schelkunoff Transactions Prize Paper Award in 2012 from the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society.
He was a Guest Editor of the International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering. He serves as an Editor of ETRI Journal, an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, and an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications. He also serves on the Editorial Boards of a large number of Journals including the IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques and the IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters.
He is a Fellow of IEEE.
|He has broad interests in radio science and technology with current emphasis on MMIC and RFIC design for wireless chip area network and antenna-in-package (AiP) technology for single-chip radio devices.|
- A Study of Effective Excitation and Propagation Mechanism of Terahertz Radio Waves for Intra-chip Wireless Interconnects
- Y. P. Zhang, D. Liu. (2009). Antenna-on-chip and antenna-in-package solutions to highly-integrated millimeter-wave devices for wireless communications (Invited Paper). IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 57(10), 2830-2841.
- Y. P. Zhang, M. Sun, K. M. Chua, L. L. Wai, D. Liu. (2009). Antenna-in-package design for wirebond interconnection to highly-integrated 60-GHz radios. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 57(10), 2842-2852.
- Z. M. Chen, Y. P. Zhang, A. Q. Hu, T. S. Ng. (2009). Bit error rate analysis of UWB radio using BPSK modulation over inter-chip radio channels for wireless chip area networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(5), 2379-2387.
- Y. P. Zhang, J. J. Wang, Q. Li, X. J. Li. (2008). Antenna-in-Package and Transmit–Receive Switch for Single-Chip Radio Transceivers of Differential Architecture. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 55(11), 3564-3570.
- Y. P. Zhang, M. Sun, W. Lin. (2008). Novel antenna-in-package design in LTCC for single-chip RF transceivers. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 56(7), 2079-2088.