|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Jiang Xudong
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5018
- PhD U of German Federal Armed Forces Hamburg 1997
- ME Univ of Electronic Sci & Tech of China 1986
- BE Univ of Electronic Sci & Tech of China 1983
|Xudong Jiang is currently in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering as Associate Professor (tenured) and Director of the Centre for Information Security. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees from the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, in 1983 and 1986, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of German Federal Armed Forces, Hamburg, Germany, in 1997, all in electrical and electronic engineering. From 1986 to 1993, he was a Lecturer at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China where he received two Science and Technology Awards from the Ministry of Electronic Industry of China. From 1993 to 1997, he was with the University of German Federal Armed Forces Hamburg, Germany, as a scientific assistant. From 1998 to 2002, he was with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as a Senior/Research Fellow where he developed a fingerprint verification algorithm that achieved the fastest speed with the second most accuracy in the International Fingerprint Verification Competition (FVC2000). From 2002 to 2004, he was a Lead Scientist and Head of the Biometrics Laboratory at the Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR, Singapore. Dr Jiang has published over 100 international conference and journal papers. He is also an inventor of 7 patents (3 of them are United States patents). Dr Jiang is a senior member of IEEE and has been serving as Editorial Board Member, Guest Editor and Reviewer of multiple international journals, and serving as Program Committee member, Keynote Speaker and Session Chair of multiple international conferences.|
|Xudong Jiang's areas of expertise are pattern recognition, computer vision, biometrics, signal and image processing. His current research works focus on statistical pattern classification, feature extraction from image, fingerprint recognition, human face detection and recognition, multimodal biometric fusion, and visual object detection and recognition.|
- Human Object Recognition
- Project Skydiver (Radar)
- Quantum Topological Devices and 3D Nanophotonic Integration
- Towards Developing the Next Generation Sustainable Surveillance Systems
- X.D. Jiang. (2012). Iterative Truncated Arithmetic Mean Filter And Its Properties. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 21(4), 1537-1547.
- X.D. Jiang. (2011). Linear Subspace Learning-Based Dimensionality Reduction. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 28(2), 16-26.
- P. Yap, X.D. Jiang and A. Kot. (2010). Two Dimensional Polar Harmonic Transforms for Invariant Image Representation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 32(7), 1259-1270.
- X.D. Jiang. (2009). Asymmetric Principal Component and Discriminant Analyses for Pattern Classification. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 31(5), 931-937.
- X.D. Jiang, B. Mandal and A. Kot. (2008). Eigenfeature Regularization and Extraction in Face Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 30(3), 383-394.