|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Goh Wang Ling
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4943
- PGDipTHE Nanyang Technological University 1999
- PhD Queen's University of Belfast 1995
- BEng(Hons) Queen's University of Belfast 1990
|Goh Wang Ling obtained both her Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy in Microelectronics from the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the Queen’s University of Belfast in United Kingdom. Dr Goh joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) as a lecturer in 1996 and became an Associate Professor in 2004. She is with the Division of Circuits and Systems. Dr Goh had held various appointments both in the school and college level; she was the Associate Dean for Outreach & External Relations in the College of Engineering Dean’s Office from January 2010 to December 2012, Assistant Head of Division from September 2006 to June 2008, and Assistant Chair of Students from July 2008 to December 2009. She is currently the Programme Coordinator for all Undergraduate Programmes in the School.
Dr Goh was conferred the National Day Award—the “Public Administration Medal (Bronze)” by the President of the Republic of Singapore in 2010. The honour is bestowed in recognition of her contribution to education in Singapore as well as services to the University. Dr Goh is one of the first 12 fellows to be inducted into the NTU Teaching Excellence Academy, which promotes best teaching practices by award-winning NTU professors and lecturers, to raise teaching standards throughout the university. Besides, the two prestigious recognitions, Dr Goh had also received numerous teaching awards at the university; she was awarded with three teaching awards in 2013—the Inaugural Nanyang Education Award (College Level), the School of EEE Nanyang Education Award and the School of EEE Year-2 Nanyang Education Award. Prior to 2013, Dr Goh was bestowed the Nanyang Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2007, the highest teaching honor given to a faculty at the university level; the EEE Teaching Excellence Awards in 2005, 2006, and 2009; and EEE Students’ Choice “Best Teacher” Awards in year 1997, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. Other than the teaching awards, Dr Goh also received the Singapore Women’s Weekly “Great Women of Our Time” Awards, under the Science & Technology category in 2011.
Dr Goh is a senior member of the Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA. Dr Goh participates actively as advisory/technical committee member in various international conferences. Dr Goh’s research interests include digital/mixed-signal Integrated Circuit (IC) designs such as the channel characterization and telemetry system development, wireless implantable neural recording IC for motor prosthesis, 3D IC design for 100 GHz Application, Class-D amplifier, and the Field-Programmable Gate-Array-Based Investigation of Coding and Detection for Ultra-High Density Magnetic Recording. The Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) process technology, SOI devices and Nanowire transistors are also of interest to her. Dr Goh has co-authored 1 international professional technical reference text, filed 16 patents, and published ~160 research papers in international journals and conferences. Since 1996, Dr Goh has trained a total of 84 graduate students: 17 Ph.D. students, 3 Ph.D. Interns, 20 M.Eng. students, 1 M.Phil. student and 43 M.Sc. students. She is currently supervising 10 PhD students, 1 M.Eng. student, and 2 M.Sc. student.
|Digital/mixed-signal IC designs:-
1) Wireless implantable neural recording IC for motor prosthesis,
2) 3D IC design for 100 GHz Application,
3) Class D amplifier,
4) Field-Programmable Gate-Array-Based Investigation of Coding and Detection for Ultra-High Density Magnetic Recording.
As well as Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) process technology, SOI devices and Nanowire transistors.
- 100-GHz Transceiver Design
- Nanosystems at the Edge
- Nanyang Education Award 2013
- Yihu Li, Wang Ling Goh, and Yong-Zhong Xiong. (2015). A Broadband Mixer Up to 110 GHz with I-Q Output. IEEE transactions on terahertz science and technology, 5(2), 251-259.
- Liu, Xin; Zhou, Jun; Yang, Yongkui; Wang, Bo; Lan, Jingjing; Wang, Chao; Luo, Jianwen; Goh, Wang; Kim, Tony; Je, Minkyu. (2014). A 457-nW Near-Threshold Cognitive Multi-Functional ECG Processor for Long-Term Cardiac Monitoring. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 49(11), 2422-2434.
- Yihu Li, Wang Ling Goh, and Yong-Zhong Xiong. (2014). A Frequency Doubler/Modulator with 4.5 dBm Output at 170 GHz Using SiGe HBTs. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 25(3), 181-183.
- Yihu Li, Goh Wang Ling, and Yong-Zhong Xiong. (2014). A Cascaded Distributed Amplifier Operating Up to 110 GHz Using SiGe HBTs. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 24(10), 713-715.
- Stephen M. Cox, Jun Yu, Wang Ling Goh, and Meng Tong Tan,. (2013). Intrinsic Distortion of a Fully Differential BD-Modulated Class-D Amplifier with Analog Feedback. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 60(1), 63-73.