|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wang Hong
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5400
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2001
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 1998
- BE Zhejiang University 1988
|Dr. Wang Hong is currently an Associate Professor in School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He is also the Director of Nanyang NanoFabrication Centre (N2FC) and Deputy Director of Silicon Technologies - Centre of Excellence (Si-COE).|
Dr. Wang received the B.Eng. degree from Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, in 1988, and the M.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1998 and 2001, respectively. Before he joints NTU in 1996, he was with the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences from 1988 to 1994, where he developed InP-based opto-electronic integrated circuits (OEICs). From 1994 to 1995, he was a Royal Research Fellow with British Telecommunications Laboratories, Ipswich, U.K., where he was involved with the development of InP-based heterostructure field-effect transistors (HFETs) using E-beam lithography. In 2000, Dr. Wang demonstrated the world first InP-based metamorphic heterojunction bipolar transistor (MHBT).
Dr. Wang was a recipient of the Royal Research Fellowship, U.K. (1994-1995) and corecipient of the 2007 Defence Technology Prize, Singapore for his outstanding contributions to the development of MMICs. He served as a Deputy General Chair of IEEE International Nanoelectronics Conference (INEC) 2013, session chair, and committee member for 2009 and 2010 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM). He has authored or coauthored over 260 technical papers and 2 book chapters, and filed 2 patents. His current research interests include III-V and Si Photonics, III-V devices and technology, micro- and nano-fabrication, RF Si MOS devices and technologies and RF MEMS.
|Prof. Wang's areas of expertise are semiconductor devices and IC technologies. His current research works focus on compound semiconductor and Si-based device physics, fabrication technology, and characterization.|
- A Cutting-edge Silicon Based Mid-IR Photonics Platform for Emerging Communication and Sensing Applications
- Development of Reconfigurable Microwave Circuits
- Development of Si-Photonicv Devices and Circuits for Communication and Sensor Applications
- Fabrication of Microcoaxial Lines
- High Performance MIR Modulators on Si (Programme Title: A Cutting-edge Silicon Based Mid-IR Photonics Platform for Emerging Communication and Sensing Applications)
- III-V MIR Lasers and Detectors on Si (Programme Title: A Cutting-edge Silicon Based Mid-IR Photonics Platform for Emerging Communication and Sensing Applications)
- Micro-fabricated Filters
- Microcoax2 with Associate Professor Wang Hong
- Nanowire-Based Image Sensors
- PV-Tower as a Compact, Efficient, Diffuse Light Harvester for Energy Autonomous IoT Smart Node
- RF MEMS Switch And Circuit Applications
- Sub Project 5- Development of monolithiclly integrated semi-conductor mode-locked lasers (MLLs) for photonic analog to digital converter (ADC) application
- Tunable Diode Lasers Spectroscopy (TDLAS) for Gas Sensing Applications
- Tuning the Emission Properties of Nano-Light Source with Nanophotonic Structures
- A. Hubarevich, A. Kukhta, H. V. Demir, X. Sun, and H. Wang. (2015). An ultra-thin broadband nanostructured insulator-metal-insulator-metal plasmonic light absorber. Optics Express, 23(8), 9753–9761.
- M. Marus, A. Hubarevich, H. Wang, A. Smirnov, X. Sun, and W. Fan. (2015). Optoelectronic performance optimization for transparent conductive layers based on randomly arranged silver nanorods. Optics Express, 23(5), 6209-6214.
- G. Ye, H. Wang, S. L. G. Ng, R. Ji, S. Arulkumaran, G. I. Ng, Y. Li, Z. H. Liu, and K. S. Ang. (2015). Impact of post-deposition annealing on interfacial chemical bonding states between AlGaN and ZrO2 grown by atomic layer deposition. Applied Physics Letters, 106, 091603.
- Q. Q. Meng, H. Wang, C. Y. Liu, K. S. Ang, X. Guo, B. Gao, Y. Tian, C. M. Manoj Kumar, and J. Gao. (2014). High-Photocurrent and Wide-Bandwidth UTC Photodiodes with Dipole-Doped Structure. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 26(19), 1952.
- G. Ye, H. Wang, S.L.G. Ng, R. Ji, S. Arulkumaran, G. I. Ng, Y. Li, Z. H. Liu and K. S. Ang. (2014). Influence of post-deposition annealing on interfacial properties between GaN and ZrO2 grown by atomic layer deposition. Applied Physics Letters, 105, 152104.