|Lihua Xie received Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from The University of Newcastle, Australia, in 1992, B.E. and M.E. degrees in control engineering from Nanjing University of Science and Technology in 1983 and 1986, respectively.
From April 1986 to January 1989, he was a teaching assistant and then a lecturer in the Department of Automatic Control, Nanjing University of Science and Technology. He joined The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 1992 where he is currently a Professor at The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He served as the Head of the Division of Control and Instrumentation from July 2011 to June 2014 and the Director, Centre for E-City from July 2011 to June 2013.
His current research interests include robust control, networked control, multi-agent systems, sensor networks, energy efficient buildings, and unmanned systems. In these areas, he has published over 560 technical papers including 280 journal papers and co-authored two patents and six books. He was listed as a highly cited researcher in 2014. He received several awards for his research including IBM Faculty Award, Best Paper Awards from the 7th Asian Control Conference, 29th Chinese Control Conference, 6th World Congress of Intelligent Control and Automation, and 6th Int. Conf. on Information, Communications, and Signal Processing.
He is currently an Editor-in-Chief of Unmanned Systems and an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology and Sciences in China. He served as an editor of IET Book Series on Control, an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control from Jan. 2005 to Dec. 2007, Automatica from Jan. 2007 to Dec. 2009, IEEE Transactions on Circuit and Systems-II from Jan. 2006 to Dec. 2007, The Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control from 2008-2009, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems from Jan. 2004 to Dec. 2006, and the Conference Editorial Board, IEEE Control System Society from 2000-2004. He was a member of Editorial Board of IEE Proceedings on Control Theory and Applications from 2005-2006 and IET Proceedings - Control Theory and Applications from 2007-2009.
He served as the Vice Program Chair of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, the General Chair of the 7th IEEE Int. Conference on Control and Automation and the 9th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV’06), etc.
Lihua Xie is a Fellow of IEEE, Fellow of IFAC and IEEE Distinguished Lecturer. He was an appointed member of Board of Governors, IEEE Control Systems Society, 2011, and an elected member of Board of Governors, IEEE Control Systems Society from Jan. 2016 to Dec. 2018.
- Yang, Z, L. Xie. (2015). On gridless sparse methods for line spectral estimation from complete and incomplete data. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, .
- Huang, B, L. Xie, Z. Yang. (2015). TDOA-based source localization with distance-dependent noises. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, .
- Z. Li, W. Ren, X. Liu, and L. Xie. (2013). Distributed Consensus of Linear Multi-Agent Systems with Adaptive Dynamic Protocols. Automatica, 49(7), 1986-1995.
- W. Meng, W. Xiao, and L. Xie. (2013). A Projection Based Fully Distributed Approach for Source Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, .
- Z. Yang, C. Zhang and L. Xie. (2012). On Phase Transition of Compressed Sensing in the Complex Domain. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 19(1), 47-50.