|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tan Eng Leong
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67906190
Office: S2.2 B2 24
|Dr Tan Eng Leong received the B.Eng. degree (first class honors) from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and the Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From 1991 to 1992, he was a Research Assistant at the University of Malaya. From 1991 to 1994, he worked part time at Commercial Network Corporations Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia. From 1999 to 2002, he was a Member of Technical Staff at Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore, where he also conducted MSc lecture at ECE Dept., National University of Singapore. Since 2002, he joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, where he is now an Associate Professor. He was the Programme Director for MSc.(Communications Engineering) during 2006-2010. His research interests and experience are in the areas of computational electromagnetics/optics, acoustics and circuits, in particular: unconditionally stable ADI/LOD/SS-FDTD and their fundamental implicit schemes; unconditionally stable hybrid matrix and scattering matrix; analysis of electromagnetic waves in multilayered biisotropic/bianisotropic media, photonic/phononic crystals and periodic structures; RF/microwave circuit design. To date, he has published more than 100 international journal papers and book chapters. He is a senior member of IEEE. For more information, please visit |
|Computational electromagnetics/optics/acoustics - FDTD, ADI/LOD/SS, fundamental implicit schemes, hybrid matrix, scattering matrix; Multilayered biisotropic media, bianisotropic media, photonic crystals, phononic crystals, periodic structures; RF/microwave circuit design|
- Fast Simulation of High-Frequency, Multiscale Acoustic and Electromagnetic Waves
- GNSS Ionospheric Scintillation Studies
- Project Legoland
- SINGA Shield
- Sub-Project 7 - Tomographic Estimation of the Ionosphere for HF Single Site Localization
- E. L. Tan. (2008). Fundamental Schemes for Efficient Unconditionally Stable Implicit Finite-Difference Time-Domain Methods. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 56(1), 170-177.
- E. L. Tan. (2007). Matrix Algorithms for Modeling Acoustic Waves in Piezoelectric Multilayers. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 54(10), 2016-2023.
- E. L. Tan. (2007). Unconditionally Stable LOD-FDTD Method for 3-D Maxwell's Equations. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 17(2), 85-87.
- W. Fu and E. L. Tan. (2004). Development of Split-Step FDTD Method with Higher Order Spatial Accuracy. Electronics Letters, 40(20), 1252-1254.
- E. L. Tan. (2002). Note on Formulation of the Enhanced Scattering (Transmittance) Matrix Approach. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 19(6), 1157-1161.
« Back to Research Directory