|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof David Matius Gomulya
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4754
- PhD (Business Administration) University of Washington 2011
- Master of Science (SM) in Bus Admin University of Washington 2009
- MSc (SM) SG-Massachusetts Inst. of Tech Alliance 2001
- BEng (Mech & Production) Hon Nanyang Technological University 2000
|David Gomulya joined Nanyang Business School in September 2011. He holds a PhD in Technology Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management from the Michael G. Foster School of Business at the University of Washington, Seattle. Prior to joining Nanyang Business School, he had worked for more than seven years across various functions in multiple industries, including start-ups. David has completed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations. His research centers on organizations, strategy, and entrepreneurship. His research particularly focuses on the creation of opportunities through entrepreneurship and innovation, and the sustainability of such opportunities through sound corporate governance and due considerations for societal and environmental impacts. |
David has published in very selective top-ranked journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, and Journal of Vocational Behavior. His paper has won the McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award. David is also a recipient of 2016 Nanyang Business School Research Excellence Award and other awards and recognitions including University of Washington's President Top Scholar Award, Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medal, and Institute of Engineers Gold Medal. To date he has won various competitive grants including Singapore Ministry of Education Tier 1 grant for a total of around SGD 300 thousands. Throughout his academic life, he has also won 10 book prizes. He regularly reviews for various leading journals and conferences, and presents in such conferences. David has taught undergraduates as well as senior executives in Technology Management MBA and MSc in Technopreneurship and Innovation Programme.
|Opportunity creation through entrepreneurship and innovation, and opportunity sustainability through sound corporate governance and due considerations for societal and environmental impacts.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- MOE Grant (2016-) [by MOE]
- Board Renewal under Conditions of Threat and Opportunity: Examining the Impact of Incoming and Outgoing Board Members
- Overcoming core stigma: The case of Chinese firm expansion into the United States
- Gomulya, D., Wong, E., Ormiston, M., Boeker, W. (2016). The role of facial appearance on CEO selection after firm misconduct. Journal of Applied Psychology, Accepted.
- Gomulya, D. & Mishina, Y. (2016). Signaler credibility, signal susceptibility, and relative reliance on signals: How stakeholders change their evaluative processes after violation of expectations and rehabilitative efforts. Academy of Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Gomulya, D. & Boeker, W. (2015). Reassessing board member affiliations: CEO replacement following financial misconduct. Strategic Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Gomulya, D. & Boeker, W. (2014). How Firms Respond to Financial Restatement: CEO Successors and External Reactions. Academy of Management Journal, 57(6), 1759-1785.
- Howard, M.D.; Nance, D.B.; Gomulya, D.; Park, H.D. (2014). Consequences of TMT dynamics: The failure to utilize innovation from technology acquisitions. Academy of Management Best Conference Papers, .