|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Davide Benvenuti
Assistant Professor, School of Art, Design and Media
|Davide Benvenuti is an Assistant Professor of digital animation at Nanyang Technological University ADM School of Art Design and Media Singapore since January 2013.|
He has started his career in animation in Italy Florence in the mid 1990
Graduated with master degree in Architecture at Florence University’s with a thesis on: Industrial Design and Computer Animation; his career spans from television, advertising and feature films.
He has been engaged with Disney animation, Dreamworks, Nelvana and Ubisoft.
Among his credit list:
“Assassin Creed Black Flag”, “Assassin Creed III”,” Assassin Creed Revelation”; “Assassin Creed II” (Ubisoft Singapore); “Sinbad Legend of the seven seas”; "Sprit stallion of the Cimarron” with Dreamworks feature animation
He was with Disney animation Australia from 1995 till 2006 where he worked on many direct to DVD titles and feature film including “The jungle Book II”,” Peter Pan Return to Nederland”, and “Bambi and the great Prince of the forest”.
Prior to his engagement in Australia he worked in Italy for many local TV shows and advertising.
He contributed to the animation for Enzo D’Alo’ feature films “How the Toys Saved Christmas” and “Opopomoz”.
Winner of The Gold Award for Digicon6 2018 in Singapore with his film “Apple of my eye” he is currently working on his second short film “Summer tale”; part of his ongoing research on tool development for 2D animation.
He is also engaged in researching the Wilhelm_Bush Museum Ronald Searle ‘s archive in Hannover Germany with his research project:” Ronald Searle (1920-2011) From Singapore to the world: how a master of the graphic arts influenced animation design in the 20's century and beyond”
Full credit list
|Character Animation 3D and 2D|
Animation tools development and new interface
Real time rendering and animation
Game engine development and improvement
Motion capture techniques and applications
Non realistic rendering and animation
- 3D animated solutions for the study and publication of science and technology manuscripts. The Martini’s "Treatise on Architecture" annotated by Leonardo da Vinci as a showcase.
- Creatures of the Future Past: Revaluation and Reinvention of Cartoons in Real Time 3D Animation Context
- Ronald Searle (1920-2011) From Singapore to the world: how a master of the graphic arts influenced animation design in the 20's century and beyond.
- Ronald Searle Reinvented and Analyzed in the Context of Contemporary Animation and New Animation Tools Development for 2D Production
- Nanetti A., D. Benvenuti. (2019). Animation of two-dimensional pictorial works into multipurpose three-dimensional objects. The Atlas of the Ships of the Known World depicted in the 1460 Fra Mauro’s mappa mundi as a showcase. SCIRES-IT (SCIentific RESearch and Information Technology), 9(2), 29-46.
« Back to Research Directory