|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Yang Yaowen
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5279/4057
Office: N1-01a-02/ N1-01c-85
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2001
- ME Shanghai Jiao Tong University 1992
- BE Shanghai Jiao Tong University 1989
|Dr Yang is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological Universtiy. His research interests include structural health monitoring, energy harvesting using smart materials and uncertainty analysis in structural systems. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 170 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a technical commitee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including SPIE symposium, IEEE congress, Smart materials and structures etc.|
|(a) Application of smart sensor technology for structural health monitoring;
(b) Energy harvesting using smart materials;
(c) Uncertainty analysis and modeling for structural systems; and
(d) Evolutionary computation for optimization and inverse problem solving;
- Application of Worker’s Location Data for Advancement of Construction Safety Management
- Autonomous Verification and Validation for Simulation Modeling
- Broadband energy harvesting optimized for shipboard intelligent wireless sensor and actuator networks - Phase 1
- Customized Fibre Optic Sensing for Health Monitoring of FPSO
- Energy Harvesting For Wireless Sensing
- Geo-Env-Mobility And Monitoring (GEM3) Station Research Account
- Innovative solutions for urban underground construction and space creation
- IoT Underground: A Comprehensive Low-Cost and Flexible Intelligent Infrastructure of Subterranean Facilities
- Proof-Of-Concept, Proof-Of-Value and Test-Bedding in Smart Integrated Construction System
- Real-time ground settlement monitoring using fibre optic sensors
- Small Scale Energy Harvesting
- Structural Health and Safety Monitoring of Excavation Support Structures Using Electro-Mechanical Impedance Technique
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)03: Instrumentations of Underground Caverns and Tunnels During and After Excavation
- Usable space for sustainable urban living
- Lei Wu, Muneesh Maheshwari, Yaowen Yang , Wensheng Xiao. (2018). Selection and Characterization of Packaged FBG Sensors for Offshore Applications. Sensors, .
- Muneesh Maheshwari, Yaowen Yang , Deepesh Upadrashta, and Tanmay Chaturvedi. (2018). A Rotation Independent In-Place Inclinometer/Tilt Sensor Based on Fiber Bragg Grating. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, , 1-11.
- Xiangyang Li, Deepesh Upadrashta, Kaiping Yua, Yaowen Yang. (2018). Sandwich piezoelectric energy harvester: Analytical modeling and experimental validation. Energy Conversion and Management, 176, 69-85.
- Upadrashta D, Yang Y. (2018). Trident Shaped Multimodal Piezoelectric Energy Harvester. Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 31(5), 04018070.
- Muneesh Maheshwari, Yaowen Yang, Tanmay Chaturvedi, S. C. Tjin. (2018). Chirped FBG coupled with a light emitting diode for wireless FBG interrogation. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, .
« Back to Research Directory