|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yang Yaowen
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5279/4057
Office: N1-01a-02/ N1-01c-85
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2001
- ME Shanghai Jiao Tong University 1992
- BE Shanghai Jiao Tong University 1989
|Dr Yang is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological Universtiy. His research interests include structural health monitoring, energy harvesting using smart materials and uncertainty analysis in structural systems. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 170 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a technical commitee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including SPIE symposium, IEEE congress, Smart materials and structures etc.|
|(a) Application of smart sensor technology for structural health monitoring;
(b) Energy harvesting using smart materials;
(c) Uncertainty analysis and modeling for structural systems; and
(d) Evolutionary computation for optimization and inverse problem solving;
- Autonomous Verification and Validation for Simulation Modeling
- Broadband energy harvesting optimized for shipboard intelligent wireless sensor and actuator networks - Phase 1
- Customized Fibre Optic Sensing for Health Monitoring of FPSO
- Geo-Env-Mobility And Monitoring (GEM3) Station Research Account
- IoT Underground: A Comprehensive Low-Cost and Flexible Intelligent Infrastructure of Subterranean Facilities
- Nano-Mechanical System for Data Storage Application.
- Proof-Of-Concept, Proof-Of-Value and Test-Bedding in Smart Integrated Construction System
- Propagation And Mitigation Of Uncertainity Of Complex Engineering System
- Real-time ground settlement monitoring using fibre optic sensors
- Small Scale Energy Harvesting
- Structural Health and Safety Monitoring of Excavation Support Structures Using Electro-Mechanical Impedance Technique
- Study of Oxy-fuel Flame Sustained Combustion Instability and Its Control
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)03: Instrumentations of Underground Caverns and Tunnels During and After Excavation
- Usable space for sustainable urban living
- Lei Wu, Yaowen Yang, Muneesh Maheshwari. (2017). Interaction and combination method for estimation of still water and wave-induced bending moments on FPSO. The 2017 International Conference on Innovative Structural Engineering and Mechanics(ISEM17).
- Muneesh Maheshwari, Lei Wu, Yuan Yao, Deepesh Upadrashta, Yaowen Yang. (2017, May). Selection and characterization of fiber optic sensors for improved offshore structural health monitoring. Paper presented at Singapore Maritime Technology Conference 2017, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
- Muneesh Maheshwari, Yaowen Yang, Tanmay Chaturvedi. (2017). Sensors and Smart Structures Technologies for Civil, Mechanical, and Aerospace Systems 2017: A buoyancy-based fiber Bragg grating tilt sensor. Smart Structures and Materials + Nondestructive Evaluation and Health MonitoringPortland , Oregon, USA: SPIE.
- Wu Lei, Zhang Liang, Xiao Wen-Sheng, Liu Qi, Mu Chao, Yang Yaowen. (2016). A novel heuristic algorithm for two-dimensional rectangle packing area minimization problem with central rectangle. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 102, 208-218.
- Upadrashta, Deepesh, and Yaowen Yang. (2016). Nonlinear piezomagnetoelastic harvester array for broadband energy harvesting. Journal of Applied Physics, 120(5), 054504.
« Back to Research Directory