|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Charlene Chen Yijun
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6592 7919
- PhD Columbia University 2015
- MPhil (Marketing) Columbia University 2013
- BSocSci(Hons) (Psychology) National University of Singapore 2005
|Charlene Chen is an Assistant Professor of Marketing and International Business at Nanyang Business School. Professor Chen holds a PhD in Marketing from Columbia Business School, an MA in Clinical Psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University, and a BSSc with First Class Honours in Psychology from the National University of Singapore. You can learn more about her from her website: http://www.charlene-chen.com|
|Professor Chen's research addresses two overarching questions: (1) when and how consumers regulate their motivational and emotional states through consumption behaviour, and (2) how emotions affect consumers' choices and consumption experience.|
- Chen, Charlene Y., Leonard Lee, and Andy J. Yap. (2017). Control Deprivation Motivates Acquisition of Utilitarian Products. Journal of Consumer Research, 43(6), 1031-1047.
- Franks, Becca, Charlene Y. Chen, Katie Manley, and E. Tory Higgins. (2016). Effective Challenge Regulation Coincides with Promotion Focused-Related Success and Emotional Well-Being. Journal of Happiness Studies, 17(3), 981-994.
- Chen, Charlene Y., Valerie Purdie-Vaughns, Jo Phelan, Lawrence H. Yang, and Gary Yu. (2015). Racial and Mental Illness Stereotypes and Discrimination: An Identity-Based Analysis of the Virginia Tech and Columbine Shootings. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 21(2), 279-287.
- Chen, Charlene Y., and Ryan Y. Hong. (2010). Intolerance of Uncertainty Moderates the Relation between Negative Life Events and Anxiety. Personality and Individual Differences, 49(1), 49-53.
« Back to Research Directory