|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Hwang Chuan Yang
Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67905003
Office: S3 01B 46
|Chuan Yang Hwang is currently a professor of finance and the director of the PhD program at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. Professor Hwang holds a PhD from UCLA. Before joining Nanyang Technological University, he taught at University at California at Irvine, University of Pittsburgh and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Professor Hwang has published articles in leading finance journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. His research interests are investment and corporate finance. Some of his research has been featured in business publications such as the Wall Street Journal.|
|Prof. Hwang's areas of expertise are investment and corporate finance. His current research works focus on information risk and distress risk.|
- A Comparative Study of the Value of Connections in US and Chinese markets: Evidence from IPO Allocation and Mutual Fund Performance
- Is information Risk Priced?
- What Explains the Dispersion Effect? Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Institutional Ownership
- Chuan Yang Hwang, Yuan Li. (2017). Analysts’ Reputational Concerns, Self-censoring and the International Dispersion Effect. Management Science, .
- Chuan Yang Hwang , Sheridan Titman, Yuxi Wang. (2017). Is it Who You Know or What You Know? Evidence from IPO Allocations and Mutual Fund Performance. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, .
- Tom George, Chuan Yang Hwang, Yuan Li. (2017). The 52 Week High, q Theory and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns. Journal of Financial Economics, .
- George Tom, C. Hwang. (2010). A Resolution of the Distress Risk and Leverage Puzzles in the Cross Section of Stock Returns. Journal of Financial Economics, 96(1), 56-79.
- Tom J. George, Hwang Chuan Yang. (2007). Long Term Retrun Reversal: Overreaction or Taxes?. The Journal of Finance, , 2865-2896.
« Back to Research Directory