|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Olexander Chernyshenko
Associate Dean of Executive Education (English), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4900
- PhD University of Illinois 2002
- MA University of Illinois 2001
- MA University of Minnesota 1998
- BA Bemidji State University 1995
|Sasha Chernyshenko is an Associate Professor in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management in the Division of Strategy, Management & Organization at the Nanyang Business School. He received his PhD in industrial and organizational psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2002. Prior to joining NBS, he was Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer of Psychology at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. There he taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses in I/O Psychology, Performance Theory and Appraisal, Organizational Survey Design and Analysis, and Personnel Selection. His most recent research focuses on personality and work attitudes assessment, P-O fit, measurement invariance, and group decision making. He has published in many international journal including Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, Psychological Assessment, Multivariate Behavioral Research, Applied Psychological Measurement, and Journal of Occupational & Organizational Psychology.|
Performance Theory and Measurement
Classical and Item Response Theory
Methods for Detecting Differential Item and Test Functioning
- Computerized Adaptive Testing with the Zinnes and Griggs Pairwise Preference Ideal Point Model
- Lifespan Career Development in Entrepreneurship, Professionalism, and Leadership
- NTU Career Aspiration Survey
- Unraveling the Motivational Pathways to STEM Career Preferences and Behaviors: The Interplay between Individual and Contextual Influences
- Guenole, N., Chernyshenko O.S., & Weekley, J. (2017). On designing construct driven situational judgment test: Some preliminary recommendations. International Journal of Testing, 17, 234-252.
- Chun, S., Stark, S., & Chernyshenko, O.S. (2016). MIMIC Methods for Detecting DIF among Multiple Groups: Exploring A New Sequential-Free Baseline Procedure. Applied Psychological Measurement, 40, 486-499.
- Guenole, N., Chernyshenko, O.S., Stark, S., Drasgow, F. (2015). Are predictions based on situational judgment tests precise enough for feedback in leadership development?. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 53, 433-443.
- Chan, K. Y., Uy, M. A., Ho, M. R., Sam, Y. L., & Chernyshenko, O. (2015). Personality and entrepreneurial, professional and leadership motivations. Personality and Individual Differences, 77, 161-166.
- Chan, K. Y., Uy, M. A., Ho, M. R., Sam, Y. L., Chernyshenko, O., & Yu, K. Y. T. (2015). Comparing two career adaptability measures for career construction theory: Relations with boundaryless mindset and protean career attitudes. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 87, 22-31.