|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chan Song Heng
Head, Division of Mathematical Sciences
Associate Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Mathematical Sciences
|Dr Chan is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2007. He received his Bachelor degree in Science from National University of Singapore, and Ph.D. degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign respectively. He has published over 20 journal papers.|
B.Sc.(Hons) in Mathematics. The National University of Singapore, 2001.
PhD in Mathematics. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2005.
|Dr Chan's areas of expertise are Number Theory, Combinatorics, and Special functions. His current research works focus on sums of squares formula, the partition function and various related functions, and q-series which includes modular forms, theta functions, and basic hypergeometric series.|
- Eulerian Series Satisfying Congruences for Small Primes, and Their Modularity Properties.
- The search for new mock theta functions, new proofs, and their connections with the ranks and cranks of partitions
- Chan, Song Heng; Mao, Renrong. (2014). Inequalities for ranks of partitions and the first moment of ranks and cranks of partitions. Advances in Mathematics, 258, 414-437.
- Andrews, George E.; Chan, Song Heng; Kim, Byungchan. (2013). The odd moments of Ranks and Cranks. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 120(1), 77--91.
- Berndt, Bruce C.; Chan, Song Heng. (2007). Sixth order mock theta functions. Advances in Mathematics, 216(2), 770-786.
- Berndt, Bruce C.; Chan, Heng Huat; Chan, Song Heng; Liaw, Wen-Chin. (2005). Cranks and dissections in Ramanujan's lost notebook. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 109(1), 91-120.
- Chan, Song Heng. (2005). Generalized Lambert series identities. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, 91(3), 598-622.
« Back to Research Directory