|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chen Change Loy
Nanyang Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Loy Chen Change is a Nanyang Associate Professor with the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and a visiting scholar of Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China. He received his PhD (2010) in Computer Science from the Queen Mary University of London. Prior to joining NTU, he served as a Research Assistant Professor at the MMLab of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, from 2013 to 2018. He was a postdoctoral researcher at Queen Mary University of London and Vision Semantics Limited, from 2010 to 2013.|
His research interests include computer vision and deep learning, with focus on face analysis, image processing, and visual surveillance. He has published more than 100 papers in top journals and conferences of computer vision and machine learning. He and his research group pioneer the research in face detection, face alignment, and image super-resolution by deep learning. His journal paper on image super-resolution was selected as the `Most Popular Article' by IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence in 2016. It remains as one of the top 10 articles to date. His current h-index is 45. He was selected as the outstanding reviewer of ACCV 2014, BMVC 2017, and CVPR 2017.
He serves as an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) and IET Computer Vision Journal. He also serves/served as the Area Chair of CVPR 2019, BMVC 2019, ECCV 2018, and BMVC 2018. He is a senior member of IEEE.
|Dr Loy's research interests include computer vision and deep learning, with focus on face analysis, image processing, deep learning, and visual surveillance.|
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=559LF80AAAAJ&hl=
- Deep Surround Visual Reasoning for Autonomous Driving
- Effective and Efficient Image Super-Resolution by Convolutional Neural Network on Mobile Devices
- Learning Dynamic-Routing Deep Convolutional Networks for Image Restoration by Reinforcement Learning
- SenseTime-NTU AI Collaboration Project
- W. Yin, Z. Liu, C. C. Loy. (2019). Instance-level Facial Attributes Transfer with Geometry-aware Flow. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- Y. Hou, Z. Ma, C. Liu, C. C. Loy. (2019). Learning to Steer by Mimicking Features from Heterogeneous Auxiliary Networks. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI, Oral).
- D. Liu, B. Wen, Y. Fan, C. C. Loy, T. S. Huang. (2018). Non-Local Recurrent Network for Image Restoration. Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS).
- H. Zhao, Y. Zhang, S. Liu, J. Shi, C. C. Loy, D. Lin, J. Jia. (2018). PSANet: Point-wise Spatial Attention Network for Scene Parsing. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) (pp. 270-286).
- G. Yin, L. Sheng, B. Liu, N. Yu, X. Wang, J. Shao, C. C. Loy. (2018). Zoom-Net: Mining Deep Feature Interactions for Visual Relationship Recognition. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) (pp. 330-347).