|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Catherine Peyrols Wu
Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67905767
Office: S3 01C 100
|Catherine Wu teaches the business course, “Cultural Intelligence at work" and liberal studies course “Cultural Intelligence: How to be an Explorer of the World” to local and exchange students from more than ten nations each semester. |
Her research focuses on the role of cultural intelligence and language during intercultural interactions.
Her work has been presented at annual conferences of the Academy of Management, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and the International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology.
- Identify effective interventions to enhance undergraduates’ intercultural networking capability
- Wu, C., & Ng, K. Y. (2018, August). Avoidance in intercultural work contexts: The role of language self-efficacy, cultural intelligence, and interpersonal negative affect. Paper presented at Academy of Management, Chicago.
- Keller, J. & Wu, C.(2012). Measuring ‘‘West meets East’’ in strategic management research using cultural consensus model and cultural mixture model analyses.. Research Methodology in Strategy and Management Vol 7(161-181). Emerald.
- Peyrols, C., & Ng, K. Y. (2012, April). The role of cultural intelligence in interpersonal helping. Paper presented at 27th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Peyrols, C., Keller, J. & Hong, Y.Y. (2011, August). Categorization conventions of American and Chinese behaviors in teams within and across cultures. Paper presented at 71st Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, San Antonio.
« Back to Research Directory