|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Uditha Balasooriya
Senior Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Prof Uditha Balasooriya is currently in the School of Nanyang Business School since 2001. He received his Bachelor degree in Mathematics and Statistics and Diploma in Statistics from the University of Sri Lanka, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Western Ontario respectively. His research interests include reliability analysis, and actuarial modelling. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 30 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a referee/reviewer for a number of premier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Canadian Journal of Statistics, Journal of Actuarial Practice, Journal of Statitical Planning and Inference, and Technometrics. Dr. Balasooriya is a member of American Statistical Association, Canadian Statistical Society and Singapore Institute of Statistic.|
|Prof Balasooriya's areas of expertise are reliability analysis, actuarial modelling, statistical methods and outliers in data analysis. His current research works focus on actuarial and financial modeling and statistical methods.|
- Longevity Risk Modelling Using Causes of Death and Explanatory Factors and Longevity Risk Management via Securities Linked to Parametric Mortality Indexes
- Value at Risk of Equity Portfolios based on Common Risk Factors on Stocks and Bonds
- Yang, B., J. Li and U. Balasooriya. (2016). Cohort extensions of the Poisson common factor model for modelling both genders jointly. Scandinavian Actuarial Journal, 2016(2), 93-112.
- Tan, C. I., J. Li, J. S. H. Li, U. Balasooriya,. (2015). Optimal relativities and transition rules of a bonus-malus system. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 61, 255-263.
- Yang, B., J. Li and U. Balasooriya. (2015). Using bootstrapping to incorporate model error for risk-neutral pricing of longevity risk. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 62, 16-27.
- Tan, C. I., J. Li, J. S. H. Li and U. Balasooriya. (2014). Parametric mortality indexes: From index construction to hedging. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 59, 285-300.
- Balasooriya, U., J. Li and C. K. Low. (2012). On Interpreting and Extracting Information from the Cumulative Distribution Function Curve: A New Perspective with Applications. Australian Senior Mathematics Journal, 26(1), 20-29.
« Back to Research Directory