|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Choo Teck Min
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5685
- PhD University of Pittsburgh 1993
- DipEd Institute of Education 1986
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1985
|Choo Teck Min is a former Director of the Nanyang MBA Programme and also previously the Associate Dean (Accountancy) at the Nanyang Business School. He has taught Accounting at the undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. levels. His research interests are in financial accounting and accounting theory. |
From 2010 to 2013, he served as the academic member on the Advisory Committee on Accounting Standards for Statutory Boards, an appointment by the Minister of Finance, Singapore. In December 2013, he was appointed by the Minister of Finance, Singapore to serve on the Accounting Standards Council (ASC), the accounting standard-setting body of Singapore.
He was also the Senate Chair of NTU from 2010 to 2012.
|Professor Choo's areas of research interest are in financial accounting and accounting education.|
- A History and Prognosis of Values
- Ng Eng Juan, Choo Teck Min, Koh Wei Chern, Low Kin Yew. (2019). A Practical Guide to Financial Reporting Standards (Singapore) 7th Edition. Wolters Kluwer.
- Koh W. C., Choo T.M. and Ng E. J. (2015). Accounting for Construction Contracts: A Comparison of FRS 11 and FRS 115. IS Chartered Accountant, May, 52 - 55.
- Koh W.C., Ng E.J. and Choo T.M. (2014). Accounting for AFS Debt Securities Using the Effective Interest Rate Method under FRS 39. IS Chartered Accountant, .
- Choo T.M, Koh W.C. and Low K.Y. (2014). Proposed Accounting Standard Reopens Buy versus Lease Debate. Business Times, .
- Choo Teck Min, Lee Lip Nyean. (1998). Accounting for Extraordinary Items in Singapore: Empirical Findings and International Implications. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, 6(2).
« Back to Research Directory