|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wong Sze Sze
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6138
- PhD Duke University 2002
- BAcc(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1995
|Wong Sze-Sze is Associate Professor in the Strategy, Management, and Organization Division at the Nanyang Business School. She received her Ph.D. from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. Her research focuses on how knowledge and social capital of individuals or groups impact their effectiveness in organizations. She has published in internationally referred journals including Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Journal of Management and Journal of Organizational Behavior. In 2000, Sze-Sze was awarded the Best Student Paper from the Managerial and Organization Cognition Division of the Academy of Management. She was also awarded the Teacher of the Division and Researcher of the Division in Nanyang Business School in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Sze-Sze is on the editorial board of the Journal of Organizational Behavior.|
|Current research interests are focused on the management of knowledge and social networks in firms, particularly on how learning processes and networks affect the transfer and creation of knowledge, and the leveraging of social and knowledge networks for individual and group effectiveness.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- Board Renewal under Conditions of Threat and Opportunity: Examining the Impact of Incoming and Outgoing Board Members
- The Complementarily of Social and Human Capital: Effects on Knowledge Transfer and Performance
- The Role of Social Relationships in Career Success
- Boh Wai Fong & Wong Sze-Sze. (2015). Managers versus Co-workers as Referents: Comparing Social Influence Effects on Within- and Outside-Subsidiary Knowledge Sharing. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 126, 1-17.
- Wong Sze-Sze & Boh Wai Fong. (2014). The Contingent Effects of Social Network Sparseness and Centrality on Managerial Innovativeness. Journal of Management Studies, 51(7), 1180-1203.
- Boh Wai Fong & Wong Sze-Sze. (2013). Organizational Climate and Manager Effectiveness: Influencing Perceived Usefulness of Knowledge Sharing Mechanisms. Association of Information Systems. Journal, 14(3), 122-152.
- Keller, J.W., Wong, S. and Liou, S. (2013). Academy of Management Proceedings: Crossing Boundaries of Logics Through Network Diversity and Categorization Congruence. Academy of Management Meeting at Orlando (pp. 10815).
- Huang Ziying, Wong Sze Sze. (2012, August). Institutional Prestige and Academic Career Success: Incorporating the Role of Social Networks. Paper presented at 2012 Academy of Management Meeting at Boston, USA, Boston, USA.
« Back to Research Directory