|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Goh-Low Soen Yin
Division of Business Law
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5732
- LLM University of London, King's Coll. 1988
- LLB(Hons) National University of Singapore 1985
|Erin Goh is an Associate Professor at the Nanyang Business School and an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. Under the sponsorship of a National University of Singapore postgraduate scholarship, she obtained her Master of Laws at King’s College, University of London. At the Nanyang Business School, Erin Goh has taught courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including business law, insurance law, and consumer and marketing law. She has published in the Journal of World Trade (Switzerland), the Journal of International Banking Law (United Kingdom), Insurance Law Journal (Australia), Asia Business Law Review (Singapore) and Singapore Academy of Law Journal. She has also co-authored several books, such as Marketing and Consumer Law in Singapore (1999); and Law for Business Series: Insurance Law (Butterworths, 2001). Her current research and publication addresses the legal and policy issues relating to consumer protection and product liability.
Currently, she is the Head of the Division of Business Law. Erin Goh serves on the Singapore Academy of Law Committee on Legal Education and Studies and was a member of the Editorial Board of The Asia Business Law Review for 11 years.
|Erin Goh's areas of expertise are in consumer and marketing law and product liability. Her current research work focuses on default rules for online consumer transactions and consumer protection issues.|
- Goh-Low Soen Yin, Loo Wee Ling. (2007). Awards of damages under the Singapore Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act. Australian Journal of Asian Law, 9(1), 66-87.
- Goh-Low Soen Yin, Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie. (2005). Rights of Beneficiaries of Life Policies: A Review of the Singapore POsition. Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, 20(9), 434-443.
- Goh-Low Soen Yin. (2005). Overview of the Financial Advisers Act and its Implications for Life Insurance Intermediaries in Singapore. Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, 20(issue 8), 383-394.
- Goh-Low Soen Yin. (2004). Overview of the Financial Advisers Act and its Implications for Life Insurance Intermediaries in Singapore. International Company and Commercial Law Review, 15(Issue 12), 385-397.
- Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie, Goh-Low Soen Yin.(2001). Insurance Intermediaries. In Professor Peter Ellinger(Ed), Halsbury's Laws of Singapore: Commercial LawButterworths Asia.
« Back to Research Directory