|Dr.Subbu Venkatraman has a PhD in Polymer Chemistry from Carnegie-Mellon University. He has spent about 15 years in biomedical R&D in the USA, working with various applications of polymeric biomaterials. He held a senior position in R&D at Alza Corporation prior to joining NTU as Associate Professor in 2000. Since then he has published extensively in the field of biomaterials, with a total of 130 publications, and a citation count of 1300+ and a h-index of 23. He also holds 20 issued US patents in biomaterials/drug delivery, and 5 of these have been translated into products. He is concurrently the Director of the Ocular Therapeutic Engineering Centre, as well as Dy Director of the Nanyang Institute of Technology in Health & Medicine, and works closely with clinicians from Singapore and world-wide.|
- Yingying Huang, Yee Shan Wong, Herr Cheun Anthony Ng, Freddy Y.C. Boey, Subbu Venkatraman. (2017). Translation in Cardiovascular Stents and Occluders: From Biostable to Fully-degradable. Bioengineering & Translational Medicine, 2, 156-169.
- Rini Rachel Joseph, Dulcia Wei Ni Tan, Moreno Raja Miguel Ramon, Jayaganesh V Natarajan, Rupesh Agrawal, Tina T Wong, Subbu S Venkatraman. (2017). Characterization of liposomal carriers for the trans-scleral transport of Ranibizumab. Scientific Reports, .
- G. C. T. Au-Yeung, U. Sarig, H. Sarig, T. Bronshtein, L. Baruch, A. Spizzichino, J. Bortman, F. Y. C. Boey, M. Machluf, S. S. Venkatraman. (2017). Restoring the native tissue biophysical properties through patch re-cellularization. Biomaterials Science, , Accepted.
- Y. Efraim, H. Sarig, N. C. Anavy, U. Sarig, E. de Berardinis, S. Y. Chaw, M. Krishnamoorthi, J. Kalifa, H. Bogireddi, T. V.Duc, T. Kofidis, L. Baruch, F. Y. C. Boey, S. S. Venkatraman, M. Machluf. (2017). Biohybrid Cardiac ECM-Based Hydrogels Improve Long Term Cardiac Function Post Myocardial Infarction. Acta Biomaterialia, 50, 220-233.
- Ang HY, Bulluck H, Wong P, Venkatraman SS, Huang YY, Foin N. (2017). Bioresorbable stents: current and upcoming bioresorbable technologies. International journal of cardiology , 228, 931-939.