|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Kang Soon Lee, Eugene
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5667
- PhD Texas A&M University 2005
- BAcc(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1994
|Eugene is an Associate Professor in the Division of Strategy, Management & Organization (SMO) at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. He received his PhD from the Mays Business School, with a major in Strategic Management and minors in International Business and Sociology. |
Eugene is an alumnus of Nanyang Technological University with a first class honors degree in Accounting. He teaches Strategic Management and was nominated the Teacher of the Year (Business) at the Nanyang Business School in 2010. He also received the Research Excellence Award (SMO) in 2011. He is a faculty advisor to Business Solutions, a student-driven initiative that promotes the business case culture at Nanyang Business School.
Eugene adopts an interdisciplinary perspective in his research and has published in journals of various disciplines, such as Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Corporate Governance-An International Review, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Small Business Economics, Service Business and Deviant Behavior. His papers have been presented at international management conferences organized by the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society and Academy of International Business. He also serves on the Editorial Review Board of several journals. He frequently contributes his opinions in media outlets on topics related to corporate governance, in particular on board of directors.
Prior to joining NTU, Eugene was an Assistant Head at the Singapore Economic Development Board. He was also a Systems Analyst at Esso Singapore Pte Ltd and an Auditor at Ernst & Young.
Eugene is a member of the Advocacy & Research Committee at the Singapore Institute of Directors. He is also an examiner with the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
|Eugene's primary research interests are in the areas of corporate boards, director interlocks and spillover effects.|
- The impact of corporate governance structures and governance decisions on firms’ exploratory and exploitative innovations.
- Kang, Eugene. (2017). Disconnects on diversity. The Directors' Bulletin, Quarter 4, 6-11.
- Thosuwanchot, Nongnapat & Kang, Eugene. (2017, March). Exploratory and exploitative innovations: The influence of director interlocks and CEO narcissism. Paper presented at SMS Special Conference in Milan.
- Kang, Eugene & Thosuwanchot, Nongnapat. (2017). An application of Durkheim’s four categories of suicide to organizational crimes. Deviant Behavior, 38(5), 493-513.
- Kang, Eugene & Lam, Shun Yin. (2017). Contingent effects of firm and employee reputations on professional advice adoption. Service Business, 11(2), 345-373.
- Eugene Kang. (2016). Dealing with diversity fault lines. The Business Times, 22 August.
« Back to Research Directory