|Christine Koh (Ph.D. Nanyang Technological University) is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, NTU. Her research interests include outsourcing management, cultural intelligence, and cross-cultural issues in managing foreign talent. Her papers have been published in Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of IT Cases and Applications, Journal of Global IT Management, Group and Organization Management, and Management and Organization Review. She is also the Director of Technology and Psychometrics at the Center for Leadership and Cultural Intelligence.|
- Van Dyne, L., Ang, S., Ng, K. Y., Rockstuhl, T., Tan, M. L., & Koh, C. (2012). Sub-dimensions of the Four Factor Model of Cultural Intelligence: Expanding the Conceptualization and Measurement of Cultural Intelligence (CQ). Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 6(4), 295-313.
- Ng, K.Y., Koh, S.K., Ang, S., Kennedy, J., & Chan, K.Y. (2011). Rating Leniency and Halo in Multisource Feedback Ratings: Testing Cultural Assumptions of Power-Distance and Individualism-Collectivism. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(5), 1033-1044.
- Ng, K.Y. and Koh, C.(2010). Motivation to Serve: Understanding the heart of the servant leader and servant leadership behaviors. Servant Leadership: Developments in Theory and Research(90-104). Palgrave Macmillan.
- Koh, C., Joseph, D. and Ang, S.(2009). Cultural intelligence and the global Information Technology workforce. Handbook of Technology Management Vol 2(828-844). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Ng, K. Y., Koh, S. K., & Goh, H. C.(2008). The heart of the servant leader: Leaders' motivation-to-serve and its impact on LMX and subordinates' extra-role behaviors. Knowledge driven corporation: Complex creative destruction (LMX Leadership Series)Information Age Publishing.