|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Cai Jianfei
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6150
- PhD University of Missouri 2002
- MS Southeast University 1997
- BS Nanjing U of Aeronautics & Astronautics 1994
|Jianfei received his PhD degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002. Currently, he is an Associate Professor with the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His major research interests include digital media processing, multimedia compression, communications and networking technologies. He has published over 80 technical papers in international conferences and journals. He has been actively participated in program committees of various conferences, and he is the track co-chair for IEEE ICME 2006 & ICME 2008, the technical program co-chair for Multimedia Modeling (MMM) 2007 and the conference co-chair for Multimedia on Mobile Devices 2007. He is also an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT).|
|Jianfei's major research interests include digital media processing, multimedia compression, communications and networking technologies. Currently, he focuses on the cross-discipline research among the areas of multimedia, computer graphics, computer vision and networking technologies.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2015-2017)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2017-) [by MOE]
- IMDA – Green Data Centre Programme (2016-) [by Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)]
- MDA-IDMPO (2016-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Virtual Singapore R&D (2017-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU - Rolls-Royce - NRF (2016-) [by NRF, Rolls-Royce & NTU]
- NTU Internal Funding (2016-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Start Up Grant - College of Engineering (2016-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Active and Incremental Learning for Virtual Engine Emulator
- Automatic Tagging for Complex Images through Deep Learning
- Cost-Optimal Mobile Computing in the Cloud
- Cross-Layer Design for Video Streaming over Wireless Mesh Networks
- Intelligent Semi-automatic Segmentation of Organs and Tumors from CT/MRI Images
- LIDAR, GEOMETRY AND MACHINE FOR VIRTUALIZATION AND SEMANTICS ENRICHMENT OF 3D CITY MODELS
- Network Coding Based Routing Using Fountain Codes for MANETS
- New Local Illumination Model, Fine-grained Shape Recovery and Beyond
- Rapid Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab
- Semantic 3D labeling & reconstruction with RGB-D data
- Semi-supervised Image Recognition with Attributes and Knowledge Graph
- Toward Joint IT-Thermal Optimization to Improve Energy Efficiency for High-Ambient Temperature Data Centre in the Tropics via Learning-based Algorithms
- W. Guan, J. Cai, J. Zheng and C. W. Chen. (2008). Segmentation based View-Dependent 3D Graphics Model Transmission. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 10(5), 724-734.
- C.H.Foh, Y. Zhang*, Z. Ni*, J.F.Cai, K. N. Ngan*. (2007). Optimized Cross-Layer Design for Scalable Video Transmission over the IEEE 802.11e Networks. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 17(12), 1665-1678.
- D. Tao*, J.F.Cai, H. Yi*, R.Deepu, L.T.Chia, K. N. Ngan*. (2006). Dynamic Programming Based Reverse Frame Selection for VBR Video Delivery under Constrained Resources. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, .
- Z.H.He*, J.F.Cai, C.W.Chen*. (2002). Joint source-channel rate-distortion analysis for adaptive mode selection and rate control in wireless video coding. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 12(6), 511-523.
- J.F.Cai, C.W.Chen*. (2000). Robust joint source-channel coding for image transmission over wireless channels. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 10(6), 962-966.