|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Deepu Rajan
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4933
- PhD Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 2001
- MSc Clemson University 1990
- BEng Birla Institute of Technology 1988
|Deepu Rajan received the BE degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, the MS degree in Electrical Engineering from Clemson University and the PhD degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. From April 1992 until May 2002, he was a lecturer in the Department of Electronics at Cochin University of Science and Technology, India. Since June 2002, he has been Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests include image and video processing, computer vision and multimedia signal processing.|
|Image and video processing, computer vision, multimedia signal processing.|
- NTU - Rolls-Royce - NRF (2015-) [by NRF, Rolls-Royce & NTU]
- (2017-) [by Proctor and Gamble (P&G), A*STAR Biomedical Research Council (BMRC)]
- Attentional Mechanism for Video Retargetting
- Differential saliency algorithms for facial skin visual appearance assessment
- Electro-Optical Camera Based Object Detection, Identification and Tracking at Sea
- PET-DEVICE++ (Push-pull Extraction Tool for Distributed Audio Visual Content Terminal)
- Video Analytics for Evaluation of Cataract Surgery by Trainee Surgeon (VET-CAT)
- unrestricted gift ……. in support of research activities
- H.R.Yi*, R.Deepu, L.T.Chia. (2006). A Motion-based Scene Tree for Compressed Video Content Management. Image and Vision Computing, 24(2), 131-142.
- D. Rajan, S. Chaudhuri*. (2003). Simultaneous estimation of super-resolved scene and depth map from low resolution defocused observations. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, .
- R.Deepu, S. Chaudhuri*, M. V. Joshi*. (2003). Multi-objective super resolution: concepts and examples. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 20(3), 49-61.
« Back to Research Directory