|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Arvind Sainathan
Senior Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67905695
Office: S3 B2A 03
|Arvind Sainathan is an Assistant Professor in the Information Technology and Operations Management division at Nanyang Business School. His research interests primarily involve problems and issues in the interfaces of operations and marketing, particularly considering how pricing – under different contexts involving supply chain management, service management, and sustainable operations – influences and/or is impacted by operational decisions. His research has been published in MSOM, POM, Decision Sciences, Decision Support Systems, and International Journal of Production Economics. He obtained his PhD from Simon Business School at the University of Rochester in the United States.|
|Interfaces of Operations Management/Marketing|
Pricing and Consumer Behaviour
Service Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Analysis and Design of On-demand Transport Service Platforms with Sharing Option
- Carbon Control Policies for Climate Change Mitigation
- P1: Research Issues In Operations/Marketing Interface: Inventory And Revenue Management In Supply Chains P2: OperationsManagement For Healthcare Applications And Other Related Services
- A. Sainathan and H. Groenevelt. (2019). Vendor Managed Inventory Contracts – Coordinating the Supply Chain while looking from the Vendor’s Perspective. European Journal of Operational Research, (Accepted).
- A. Sainathan. (2018). Customer Differentiation with Shipping as an Ancillary Service? Free Service, Prioritization, and Strategic Delay. Decision Sciences, (Forthcoming).
- Chua, G. A., R. Mokhlesi and A. Sainathan. (2017). Optimal Discounting and Replenishment Policies for Perishable Products. International Journal of Production Economics, 186, 8-20.
- A. Sainathan. (2013). Pricing and Replenishment of Competing Perishable Product Variants under Dynamic Demand Substitution. Production and Operations Management, 22(5), 1157-1181.
- Dobson, G., H. H. Lee, A. Sainathan and V. Tilson. (2012). A Queueing Model to Evaluate the Impact of Patient “Batching” on Throughput and Flow Time in a Medical Teaching Facility. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 14(4), 584-599.
« Back to Research Directory