|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Arvind Sainathan
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5695
- PhD (Opns Mgt) University of Rochester 2009
- MSc (BusAdm) University of Rochester 2007
- BTech (MechEng) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 2004
|Arvind Sainathan finished his Ph.D. in operations management from William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration at University of Rochester in 2009. His research interests include supply chain management involving the interface of operations and marketing, and service management especially pertaining to healthcare operations. He has presented his research in popular conferences like INFORMS and POMS.
Arvind Sainathan received his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 2004 and his M.S. in Management Science from University of Rochester in 2007.
Arvind Sainathan was a recipient of the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholarship from 1998 to 2004. His hobbies include playing tennis and badminton, solving crosswords and listening to music.
|Supply Chain Management
Interface of Operations Management/Marketing
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2017-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Analysis and Design of On-demand Transport Service Platforms with Sharing Option
- Carbon Control Policies for Climate Change Mitigation
- Arvind Sainathan. (2013). Pricing and Replenishment of Competing Perishable Product Variants under Dynamic Demand Substitution. Production and Operations Management, .
- Gregory Dobson, Hsiao-Hui Lee, Arvind Sainathan and Vera Tilson. (2012). A Queueing Model to Evaluate the Impact of Patient “Batching” on Throughput and Flow Time in a Medical Teaching Facility. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 14(4), 584-599.
- A. Sainathan, G.A. Chua, R. Mokhlesi. (2012, October). Inventory Based Pricing for Perishable Products: To Discount or Not. Paper presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting, Arizona, USA.
- Liu Fang and Arvind Sainathan. (2012, June). Optimal Timing, Pricing and Rationing Decisions for Selling New Product Variants with Short Life Cycles. Paper presented at MSOM Society Annual Conference, New York, 2012.
- Gregory Dobson and Arvind Sainathan. (2011). On the impact of analyzing customer information and prioritizing in a service system. Decision Support Systems, 51, 875-883.
« Back to Research Directory