|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Arvind Sainathan
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5695
- PhD (Opns Mgt) University of Rochester 2009
- MSc (BusAdm) University of Rochester 2007
- BTech (MechEng) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 2004
|Arvind Sainathan is an Assistant Professor in the Information Technology and Operations Management division at Nanyang Business School. His research interests primarily involve problems and issues in the interfaces of operations and marketing, particularly considering how pricing – under different contexts involving supply chain management, service management, and sustainable operations – influences and/or is impacted by operational decisions. His research has been published in MSOM, POM, Decision Sciences, Decision Support Systems, and International Journal of Production Economics. He obtained his PhD from Simon Business School at the University of Rochester in the United States.|
|Interfaces of Operations Management/Marketing|
Pricing and Consumer Behaviour
Service Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Analysis and Design of On-demand Transport Service Platforms with Sharing Option
- Carbon Control Policies for Climate Change Mitigation
- A. Sainathan. (2017). Customer Differentiation with Shipping as an Ancillary Service? Free Service, Prioritization, and Strategic Delay. Decision Sciences, (Forthcoming).
- Chua, G. A., R. Mokhlesi and A. Sainathan. (2017). Optimal Discounting and Replenishment Policies for Perishable Products. International Journal of Production Economics, 186, 8-20.
- A. Sainathan. (2013). Pricing and Replenishment of Competing Perishable Product Variants under Dynamic Demand Substitution. Production and Operations Management, 22(5), 1157-1181.
- Dobson, G., H. H. Lee, A. Sainathan and V. Tilson. (2012). A Queueing Model to Evaluate the Impact of Patient “Batching” on Throughput and Flow Time in a Medical Teaching Facility. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 14(4), 584-599.
- Dobson, G. and A. Sainathan. (2011). On the impact of analyzing customer information and prioritizing in a service system. Decision Support Systems, 51, 875-883.
« Back to Research Directory