|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wang Qinan
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Information Technology & Operations Management
|Dr. Wang Qinan is an active researcher. He has published many research papers in prestigious international journals in the areas of management sciences/health care management such as Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Naval Research Logistics, IIE Transactions, the European Journal of Operational Research, Medical Care, Medical Decision Making, Process Control and Quality, Quality Engineering, etc. His published research papers have been cited widely by journals (current citation count is more than 500, SCOPUS and google.Scholar) and books and used as reading materials for graduate courses. He currently serves as Associate Editor for the Canadian Journal of Administrative Science.
Dr. Wang is the founding coordinator of the Ph.D. Program in Operations Management at Nanyang Business School. He has designed and taught many courses at all levels of undergraduate, masters, Ph.D. and executive development programs, and advised many Ph.D., Masters, and undergraduate students.
|His current research interests are focused in two areas: supply chain management and health care management. Specific research problems that are currently studied include (i) mechanisms and value of information sharing in coordinating decentralized supply chains, (ii) management of patient queues, (iii) (the development and application of) health utilities index systems, and (iv) issues such as quality control in manufacturing and health care settings.|
- Evaluation and Optimization of Multi-Echelon Supply Chain Systems with Multiple Retailers Facing Stochastic Demand
- On Properties of Supply Chain Inventory Control Policies
- Wang Qinan, Chay Yiowmin, Wu Zhang. (2011). Streamlining Inventory Flows with Time Discounts to Improve the Profits of a Decentralized Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 132, 230-239.
- Wu Z., Wang P. H., Wang Q. N. (2009). A Loss-Function Based Adaptive Control Chart for Monitoring Process Mean and Variance. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 40(9), 948-959.
- Wu Z., M Shamsuzzaman, Wang Qinan. (2007). The Cost Minimization and Manpower Deployment to SPC in a Multistage Manufacturing System. International Journal of Production Research, 106, 275-287.
- Wang Qinan, Wu Z. (2007). An Empirical Study on the Lanchester Model of Combat for Competitive Advertising Decisions. European Journal of Operational Research, 183(2), 871-881.
- Wu Z., Wang Qinan. (2007). An np Control Chart Using Double Inspections. Journal of Applied Statistics, 34(7), 843-855.
« Back to Research Directory