|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Premila Gowri Shankar
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67906403
Office: S3 B2C 112
|Assoc Prof Premila Gowri Shankar is currently in Nanyang Business School, Division of Accounting. She received her Bachelor degree in Accountancy from National University Singapore, MCom (Hons) from University of New South Wales, Australia and Ph.D. from Nanyang Technolgical University. Her research interests include judgment and decision making research in auditing and accounting education. Prior to joining academia, she worked as an external auditor in one of the Big-Four Accounting firms. She has published in reputed journals and presented at international conferences. She is a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, American Accounting Association and CPA, Australia.|
|Assoc Prof Premila Gowri Shankar's areas of interest are in judgment and decision making research in auditing and educational research in accounting.|
- Factors Influencing Auditors' Advice Giving Decisions and Advice Seeking Decisions.
- Boo, E., T. B. P. Ng, and P. Gowri-Shankar. (2016). Effects of incentive scheme and working relationship on whistle-blowing in an audit setting.. Auditing, 35(4), 23-38.
- Boo Hian Yong, Ng Bu Peow, and Premila Gowri Shankar. (2012). The Effects of Carrot versus Stick Incentive Schemes and Working Relationships on Auditors’ Reporting of Questionable ActsAmerican Accounting Association Auditing Section Mid-year Meeting.
- Ng, T.B.-P., and P.G. Shankar. (2010). Effects of Technical Department's Advice, Quality Assessment Standards, and Client Justifications on Auditors' Propensity to Accept Client-Preferred Accounting Methods.. The Accounting Review, 85(5), forthcoming.
- Shankar, P.G., and Seow J. L. (2010). The Association between Accounting Students' Lone Wolf Tendencies and their Perceptions, Preferences and Performance Outcomes in Team Projects.. Journal of Accounting Education, 28(June), 75-84.
- H-T Tan and Shankar P.G. (2010). Audit Reviewers' Evaluation of Subordinates' Work Quality. Auditing, 29(1), 251-266.
« Back to Research Directory