|Academic Profile |
| || |
Ms Yam Min Yee Angeline
Senior Lecturer, School of Art, Design and Media
|Angeline is a senior lecturer with the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Her background is in Visual Communication and she teaches Brand Design and Typography with the School of Art, Design & Media. |
She holds a Masters of Art in Design Leadership from Middlesex University London and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Media & Graphic Design from The London College of Communication, University of the Arts.
Prior to academia, Angeline has worked in the branding and design industries in the UK and Singapore. Apart from being a creative practitioner, she was also involved in client servicing roles that comprised of accounts management and strategic business development for UK and Singapore firms.
|Angeline’s research interest explores various topics on the social landscape of Singapore and that of Asia. Using design as a platform for inquiry, her work examines concepts of social and cultural hybridity and it’s impact on the collective and personal identity. Her current research interest is in vernacular typography, linguistic landscapes and creative branding. She is also active in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) and her recent pedagogical interest is in engaging students as partners for teaching and learning. She also has an interest in issues arising from Confucian heritage classrooms and developments of culturally appropriate pedagogy frameworks. |
Research interest: Vernacular typography, Linguistic landscapes, Branding & Marketing
Pedagogical interest: Students as partners for teaching and learning, Confucian Heritage classrooms
2015 - Five Floor Plans
Spatial narratives of Singapore public housing across five decades
An augmented reality community exhibition
2009 - Typographical Confluence
Experimental typography of cross cultural characters.
Musical Instrument Museum in Brussels, Belgium
- M.Y.A Yam & A. Lee. (2018). Experience and value creation in design, branding and marketing: Co-creation innovation: Singapore’s second largest banking group takes on the millenial with the co-design process. 4th International colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing (pp. 12)Hasselt University, Belgium.
- M.Y.A Yam & L.J.S Ho. (2018). Students as pedagogical consultant(s): A case study of engaging tertiary learners as partners in teaching and learning. The Asian Conference on Education 2018.
- M.Y.A Yam, A.G Tan & S.Lim. (2016). ICERI 2016 Proceedings: A framework of fostering critical thinking in a multicultural, inclusive Confucian heritage classroom. 9th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (pp. 8429)Seville, Spain: IATED Academy.
- M.Y.A Yam, A.G Tan & S.Lim. (2015). Spirit of Place and Design Education: Culturally appropriate pedagogical development for classrooms with Confucian-Heritage values: A perspective with Visual Communication students. 11th DesignEd Asia Conference 2015 (pp. 55)Hong Kong: School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- A.G Tan, M.Y.A Yam, & S.Lim. (2015, June). A Framework of Scholarship for Critical Making for Visual Communication pedagogies. Paper presented at Redesigning Pedagogy 2015 international conference, National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
« Back to Research Directory