|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Andy Khong Wai Hoong
Associate Dean (Students), College of Engineering
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Andy Khong is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to that, he obtained his Ph.D ('02-'05) from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, after which he also served as a research associate ('05-'08) in the same department. He obtained his B.Eng from Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.|
His postdoctoral research involved in the development of signal processing algorithms for vehicle destination inference as well as the design and implementation of acoustic array and seismic fusion algorithms for perimeter security systems. His Ph.D. research was mainly on partial-update and selective-tap adaptive algorithms with applications to mono- and multi-channel acoustic echo cancellation for hands-free telephony. More recently he has published works in the area of speech enhancement, learning analytics and machine learning techniques for natural language processing applications.
Andy currently serves as an Associate Editor in the IEEE Trans. Audio, Speech and Language Processing and the Journal of Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing (Springer). He was a visiting professor at UIUC in 2012 under the Tan Chin Tuan Fellowship. He is the author and co-author of two papers awarded the "Best Student Paper Awards" and is a recipient of the Junior Chambers International "Ten Outstanding Young Persons Honouree Award 2011" and the Institute of Singapore "Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award 2012."
|Acoustic source localization|
Microphone array signal processing
Machine learning algorithms for NLP applications
- Assessing student learning competencies with e-learning platforms via data analytics
- Assessing the Impact of Initiatives on Students' Innovation and Entrepreneurship Spirit in Garage@EEE
- Assessing the Learning Outcomes of Makerspaces in Terms of Creativity and Innovation of Undergraduates
- Developing a Computational Framework for Modelling Student Engagement in NTU's Team-Based Learning Ecosystem
- Insights into online learning via machine learning techniques
- K. Wu, V. G. Reju, A. W. H. Khong. (2018). Multi-source DOA Estimation In A Reverberant Environment Using A Single Acoustic Vector Sensor. IEEE Trans. Audio, Speech and Language Processing , 26(10), 1848-1859.
- Nguyen Quang Hanh, V. G. Reju, and Andy W. H. Khong. (2017). Impact Localization on Rigid Surfaces Using Hermitian Angle Distribution for Human-Computer Interface Applications. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, .
- Kai Wu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, and Shu Ting Goh. (2017). Swarm Intelligence Based Particle Filter for Alternating Talker Localization and Tracking Using Microphone Arrays. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, .
- Reddy VV, Andy Khong, Ng BP. (2014). Unambiguous speech DOA estimation under spatial aliasing conditions. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 22(12), 2133 - 2145.
- Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong. (2014). A Linear Source Recovery Method for Underdetermined Mixtures of Uncorrelated AR-Model Signals Without Sparseness. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 62(19), 4947 - 4958.
« Back to Research Directory