|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tan Mui Siang, Patricia
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4902
- PhD University of British Columbia 1994
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1984
|Patricia Tan is an Associate Professor in Accounting at the Nanyang Business School. She has a PhD Degree in Accounting from the University of British Columbia, and is a Chartered Accountant of Singapore. Prior to joining academia, Patricia worked as an external auditor in one of the international audit firms. Her research interests are in financial reporting issues and sustainability reporting. Her research has been published in both professional accounting and top academic journals in the field, and she has presented her research findings at numerous international conferences. She has also jointly conducted various financial reporting consultancy projects. She has taught courses at many levels, including undergraduate, MBA and Nanyang Fellows. She currently serves on the Public Transport Council.|
|Financial reporting issues, financial reporting in emerging markets|
- Strategic Alliances and Value Creation
- Patricia Tan. (2014). ESG Disclosure Among Singapore-Listed Companies. CPA Singapore, .
- Koh Wei Chern and Patricia Tan. (2013). Impact of the Leases Exposure Draft on Lessees’ Leverage Ratios. CPA Singapore, .
- Patricia Tan. (2013). Integrated Reporting for Sustainable Capitalism. CPA Singapore, .
- Kelly, K and P.M. Tan. (2010). The Effects of Profit-Sharing Contract and Feedback on the Sustainability of Cooperation. Journal of Management Accounting Research, .
- Hossain, M., CY Lim and PM Tan. (2010). Corporate Governance, Legal Environment and Auditor Choice in Emerging Markets. Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, 13(1), 91-126.
« Back to Research Directory