|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tsui-Auch, Lai Si
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67906132
Office: S3 B1A 13
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. She obtained her B. Soc. Sc. degree from the University of Hong Kong, and MA degree in Telecommunications, and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University, USA. Prior to joining NTU, she worked as research scientist at Technological University of Berlin and Wissenschaft Zentrum Berlin für Sozialforchung (WZB), Germany. Her publications appear in Organization Science, Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, International Sociology, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, and Development and Change. Two of her publications were the Winner of the Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award of the Academy of Management, 2007, and the Winner of the Citation of Excellence Award of Emerald Management Reviews, 2006. She was awarded "Research Excellence"of the SMO Division in 2010. She served as a member of the Editorial Board of Organization Studies (UK/Europe), and is currently serving as a member of the Editorial Board of two journalsincluding The Qualitative Report (USA), and Management International Review.|
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch focuses on research into institutional perspectives, varieties of capitalism, and legitimacy management and trust within multinational corporations.|
- HYBRID STRATEGIES TO MANAGE COMPETING INSTITUTIONAL LOGICS: A COMPARATIVE CASE STUDY OF CHINESE SOEs
- IDENTITY MANAGEMENT BY MNCs TO MAINTAIN LEGITIMACY IN THE CHANGING CHINESE INSTITUTIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- Overcoming core stigma: The case of Chinese firm expansion into the United States
- Tsui-Auch Lai Si & Chow Dawn. (2018). MNEs within Institutional Contexts. Journal of International Management, .
- Chow, D., Tsui-Auch, L.S. (2018). Hybrid Strategies to Cope with Commodification Pressure on Professions: A Comparative Study of Two Law Firms in Singapore. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, .
- Tsui-Auch, L.Si, Liu, X.X., Wang, X. & Yang, J.J. (2016). A Tall Tree Catches the Wind: Legitimacy Risk and Repair by Walmart China (Finalist for the Best Paper Award).. SMS Special Conference.
- Tsui-Auch, Lai Si & Guido Moellering. (2010). WARY MANAGERS: UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTS, PERCEIVED VULNERABILITY, AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRUST IN FOREIGN ENTERPRISES IN CHINA. Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 1056-73.
- Toru Yoshikawa, Tsui-Auch, Lai Si, J. McQuire. (2007). Corporate Governance Reform as Institutional Innovation: The Case of Japan. Organizational Science, 18(6), 973-988.