|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tsui-Auch, Lai Si
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6132
- PhD Michigan State University 1995
- MA Michigan State University 1990
- BSc University of Hong Kong 1986
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. She obtained her B. Soc. Sc. degree from the University of Hong Kong, and MA degree in Telecommunications, and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University, USA. Prior to joining NTU, she worked as research scientist at Technological University of Berlin and Wissenschaft Zentrum Berlin für Sozialforchung (WZB), Germany. Her publications appear in Organization Science, Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Management Learning, Journal of Asian Business, International Sociology, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Development and Change, and Gazette. Two of her publications were the Winner of the Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award of the Academy of Management, 2007, and the Winner of the Citation of Excellence Award of Emerald Management Reviews, 2006. She served as a member of the Editorial Board of Organization Studies (UK/Europe), and is currently serving as a member of the Editorial Board of two journalsincluding The Qualitative Report (USA), and Management International Review.|
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch specializes in institutional theory, business group studies, corporate governance reforms, state-capital relations, and the issues of trust and control within multinational corporations.|
- MOE Grant (2015-) [by MOE]
- MOE Grant (2016-) [by MOE]
- Business Communication Skills Required by Employers In Singapore
- HYBRID STRATEGIES TO MANAGE COMPETING INSTITUTIONAL LOGICS: A COMPARATIVE CASE STUDY OF CHINESE SOEs
- IDENTITY MANAGEMENT BY MNCs TO MAINTAIN LEGITIMACY IN THE CHANGING CHINESE INSTITUTIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- Tsui-Auch, L.Si, Liu, X.X., Wang, X. & Yang, J.J. (2016). A Tall Tree Catches the Wind: Legitimacy Risk and Repair by Walmart China (Paper nominated for the Best Prize Competition).. SMS Special Conference.
- Gomulya, D., Tsui-Auch, L.S. & Huang D.D.,. (2016). Chinese Overseas M&A and their Challenged Legitimacy: A Framework of Firm Attribute, Action, and Outcome. SMS Special Conference.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S., Yoshikawa. (2015). INSTITUTIONAL CHANGE VERSUS RESILIENCE: A STUDY OF AN INCORPORATION OF INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS IN SINGAPORE BANKS. Asian Business & Management, .
- Tsui-Auch, LS, Yang JJ, Yoshikawa, T.(2015). Change and Continuity in Corporate Governance Structures: A Study of Korea, Malaysia and Singapore. Changing Asian Business SystemOxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S.,Yang, J. (2015). Hybrid Organizing to Manage Conflicts Created by Logic Multiplicity. Journal of Management Studies Workshop, featuring one of the only 12 most promising papers for the Workshop.