|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chung Lai Hong
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Assistant Dean (Alumni Affairs), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Assoc Prof Chung Lai Hong is the Director of the Nanyang MBA. She has a Bachelor of Accountancy degree (with honours) from the National University of Singapore and a Ph.D. in accounting and strategy from the University of Pittsburgh. Prior to entering academia, Lai Hong worked as an internal auditor in a large governmental organization. She has been actively involved in executive development programmes for organizations such as, BOC Gases Asia Pacific, DuPont Asia-Pacific, Essilor, KPMG, Reuters Singapore and Schering AG.|
|Her research interests include management planning and control issues in multinationals, strategic management accounting and management accounting innovation. She has published in international journals and presented in numerous conferences.|
- Research In Accounting And Strategy
- Trust and Management Control
- Parker, L.D. and Chung, L.H. (2018). Structuring social and environmental management control and accountability: behind the hotel doors. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 31(3), 993-1023.
- Chung Lai Hong and Lee Parker. (2011). Developing Environmental Strategies and Controls: From Global Foundations to Local Initiatives. 6th Conference on Performance Measurement and Management Control.
- David Emsley and Lai Hong Chung. (2010). How Management Accountants' Cognitive Style and Role Involvement Combine to Affect the Effort Devoted to Initiating Change. Abacus, 46(3), 232-257.
- Chung Lai Hong and Lee Parker. (2010). Managing Social and Environmental Action and Accountability in the Hospitality Industry: A Singapore Perspective. Accounting Forum, 34, 46-53.
- Teoh, W. K., L. H. Chung, T. B.-P. Ng. (2008). Effects of performance measure categorization, performance context and intervention on performance evaluation judgments. American Accounting Association Annual Meeting.
« Back to Research Directory