|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Koh Whee Ling Kevin
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4096
- PhD The University of Washington 2007
- BAcc(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 2001
|Kevin Koh is an Associate Professor from the Division of Accounting and his research expertise is in the area of the impact of financial regulation and enforcement efforts on managerial choices in company’s financial reporting practices. Dr Koh has published in top international accounting journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Review of Accounting Studies, and Contemporary Accounting Research. Notably, his research is also highly regarded by the industry and well-cited in leading media such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Fortune Magazines etc. Dr Koh also serves as a reviewer for some of the best international accounting journals and major conferences. To the profession, Dr Koh is actively involved in the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC), serving on its committee that looks into the certification and development of the accounting professionals in Singapore. Dr Koh was the NBS Teacher of the Year in 2013 and was nominated thrice for Teaching Excellence Award for Division of Accounting. For his excellent and significant contributions to education and the profession, Dr Koh was conferred the Commendation Medal for National Day Awards in 2015.|
|Financial Reporting: Earnings Quality, Earnings Management, Use of Accounting Information for Valuation, Impact of Regulations, Corporate Disclosure, Corporate Governance, Investor Protection,|
- A Textual Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility Reports and the Interplay with Annual Financial Statements Reports
- Board Renewal under Conditions of Threat and Opportunity: Examining the Impact of Incoming and Outgoing Board Members
- Examining the Impact of Revolving Door on Enforcement Efforts by Regulators and Monitors
- The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Financial Reporting Quality and Firm Performance
- The Impact of Superstars CEOs on Financial Reporting Practices and Firm Performance
- Shou-Min Tsao; Yin-Wei Chang; Kevin Koh. (2017). Founding Family Ownership and Myopic R&D Investment Behavior. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Forthcoming.
- Simi Kedia; Kevin Koh; Shiva Rajgopal. (2015). Evidence on Contagion in Earnings Management. The Accounting Review, 90(6), 2337-2373.
- Ed deHaan; Simi Kedia; Kevin Koh; Shiva Rajgopal. (2015). The Revolving Door and the SEC's Enforcement Outcomes: Initial Evidence from Civil Litigation. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 60(2-3), 65-96.
- Kevin Koh; Yen H. Tong. (2013). The Effects of Clients' Controversial Activities on Audit Pricing. Auditing, 32(2), 67-96.
- Kevin Koh; Shiva Rajgopal; Suraj Srinivasan. (2013). Non-Audit Services and Financial Reporting Quality: Evidence from 1978-1980. Review of Accounting Studies, 18(1), 1-33.
« Back to Research Directory