|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian
Associate Dean (Faculty), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5622
- PhD University of Illinois 1990
- MS(Acc) University of Illinois 1987
- BAcc(Hons) University of Singapore 1980
|Professor Gillian Yeo is the Interim Dean at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Prior to joining NTU, Prof Yeo has held senior accounting and finance positions in multinational corporations (PriceWaterhouse and Texas Instruments). She obtained her doctorate degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and had received scholarly awards (Norton Bedford Scholar, AC Littleton Scholar) from the University of Illinois.
Prof Yeo specializes in capital markets accounting, corporate governance and corporate finance and has served as consultant researcher on various finance and accounting issues in various organizations. She has served as a Board member of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA) of the Ministry of Finance; a member of the Public Accountants Oversight committee and Audit committee of ACRA. She is currently a Council member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Singapore and has served on various committees such as the Accreditation Committee, the Corporate Governance Committee, and chairs the Board of Education and Examinations Committee. She also serves as a Council member of the Public Transport Council, Ministry of Transport, Singapore; as a member of the Committee to Develop the Accountancy Profession in Singapore (CDAS) and chairs the Education Working Group, CDAS.
|Prof Yeo's research interests are in accounting disclosures, corporate governance issues – board structures, audit committees, executive compensation, firm performance and valuation issues, earnings management, and corporate finance and policy issues. Her research has been published extensively in local and major leading international journals and her publications has been cited with high quality rating and awarded citation of excellence. She serves on the editorial boards of major international accounting and business journals.|
- Lee Kin Wai, Lee Cheng Few, Gillian Yeo Hian Heng. (2009). Investor Protection and Convertible Debt Design. Journal of Banking and Finance, 33(6), 985-995.
- Lee Kin Wai, Yeo Hian Heng Gillian.(2009). Capital Structure in Asia and CEO Entrenchment. Handbook of Quantitative Finance and Risk Management.
- Lee Kin Wai, Baruch Lev, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian. (2008). Executive Pay Dispersion, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 30, 315-338.
- Khim Kelly, Ang Soon, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian, Wayne F. Cascio. (2007). Employee Turnover and Firm Performance: Modeling Reciprocal Effects. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Lee Kin Wai, Baruch Lev, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian. (2007). Organizational structure and earnings management. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 22(2), 293-331.