|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian
Associate Dean (Faculty)
Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Accounting
Associate Dean (Faculty), College of Business (NBS)
Associate Dean (Research), College of Business (NBS)
PhD University of Illinois 1990
MS(Acc) University of Illinois 1987
BAcc(Hons) University of Singapore 1980
Professor Gillian Yeo is Professor of Accountancy and Associate Dean (Faculty) at Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). She was formerly the Interim Dean of NBS.
Prior to joining NTU, Prof Yeo held senior accounting and finance positions in multinational corporations (PriceWaterhouse and Texas Instruments). She obtained her doctorate degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She was also a recipient of the Public Administration Medal (Silver) at the National Day Awards 2012 in Singapore.
Prof Yeo has published in major scholarly journals and her research publications are in the areas of accounting disclosures and capital market valuations, firm performance and valuation, corporate governance and corporate finance issues.
Prof Yeo is a Fellow of CPA (Australia) and the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). She has served as a board member of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore and was a member of the Public Accountants Oversight committee. She has served as a board member of the Singapore Accountancy Commission, chaired the Research Advisory Group and was on the Advisory Council of the Singapore Chartered Accountancy professional qualification. She has served as a Council member of ISCA and chaired the Board of Education and Examinations Committee.
|Prof Yeo's research interests are in accounting disclosures, corporate governance issues – board structures, audit committees, executive compensation, firm performance and valuation issues, earnings management, and corporate finance and policy issues. Her research has been published extensively in local and major leading international journals and her publications has been cited with high quality rating and awarded citation of excellence. She serves on the editorial boards of major international accounting and business journals.|
- Research Projects In Accounting
- Lee Kin Wai, Lee Cheng Few, Gillian Yeo Hian Heng. (2009). Investor Protection and Convertible Debt Design. Journal of Banking and Finance, 33(6), 985-995.
- Lee Kin Wai, Yeo Hian Heng Gillian.(2009). Capital Structure in Asia and CEO Entrenchment. Handbook of Quantitative Finance and Risk Management.
- Lee Kin Wai, Baruch Lev, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian. (2008). Executive Pay Dispersion, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 30, 315-338.
- Khim Kelly, Ang Soon, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian, Wayne F. Cascio. (2007). Employee Turnover and Firm Performance: Modeling Reciprocal Effects. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Lee Kin Wai, Baruch Lev, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian. (2007). Organizational structure and earnings management. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 22(2), 293-331.
« Back to Research Directory