|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Joan C Henderson
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6116
- PhD University of Edinburgh 1982
- MSc University of Strathclyde 1976
- BSc Aberystwyth University 1975
|Joan C. Henderson has an MSc in Tourism from the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow and a PhD in Economics and Social Studies from the University of Edinburgh. She joined NTU in 1997 and is currently an Associate Professor in Nanyang Business School where she specialises in Tourism Studies. Her research interests are wide and summarised below. Publications include international journal papers, book chapters and a book. She reviews regularly for several journals and is a member of the Editorial Board of four tourism and hospitality journals. |
|Research interests include tourism crisis management, destination development and marketing and the presentation of heritage as a tourist attraction. The focus is on such questions within a global context with particular reference to Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.|
- Henderson, J.C. (2012). Planning for Success: Singapore, the Model City State?. Journal of International Affairs, 65(2), 69-83.
- Henderson, J.C. (2012). Conserving Heritage in South East Asia: Cases from Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. Tourism Recreation Research, 37(1), 47-56.
- Ghaderi, Z. and Henderson, J.C. (2012). Sustainable Rural Tourism in Iran: A Perspective from Hawaraman Village. Tourism Management Perspectives, 2-3, 47-54.
- Henderson J.C. (2011). Cooked Food Hawking and its Management: The Case of Singapore. Tourism Review International (formerly Pacific Tourism Review), 14(4), 201-213.
- Henderson, J.C. (2011). Religious Tourism and its Management: The Hajj in Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Tourism Research, 13(6), 541-552.
« Back to Research Directory