|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Atsushi Goto
Associate Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Assistant Chair (Research & Graduate Studies)
Phone: +65 63168900
Office: SPMS-CBC 05 05
|Dr. Atsushi Goto is an Associate Professor in Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (CBC), School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS) since 2015 and the Deputy Head of Division (CBC) (Graduate Studies and Research) since 2017. He received his Bachelor degree (1996), Master degree (1998), and Ph.D degree (2001) from Department of Polymer Chemistry, School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan. He was appointed to an instructor (2001), an assistant professor (2002-2010), and an associate professor (2010-2015) in Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan. His research interests include polymer chemistry and polymer materials, particularly controlled syntheses of polymers.|
|Polymer Chemistry and Polymer Materials|
1) Controlled syntheses of polymers
2) Development of new living radical polymerization via organic catalysis
3) Creation of new advance polymer materials using structurally controlled polymers
- Acoustically Induced Gelation from Ultrasound-ResponsiveMaterials
- Controlled Syntheses of Polymers and Creation of New Polymer Materials
- Novel Dual Responsive Molecular Switch-based Bio-derived and Biodegradable Polymers Forming Gels or Networks for Personal Care Applications
- Polymer Design Platform via Organocatalysis
- Polymer Design Platform via Organocatalysis for Advanced Polymer Materials
- Provost’s Chair in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (Atsushi Goto)
- Reinforcement of Resiliency of Concentrated Polymer Brush and Its Tribology Application
- Specialty Polymers for Lubricant Additives and Oilfield Chemicals via Low-Cost Metal-Free Controlled Polymerization Technique
- Synthesis of Metal and Odor-Free Capsules for Personal Care Applications via Iodide-Mediated Controlled Radical Polymerization
- Synthesis of Metal- and Odor-Free Nanoparticles and Capsules for Personal Care Applications
- Thermal conductivity coating, its performance evaluation and application development
- X. Liu, C. G. Wang, A. Goto. (2019). Polymer Dispersity Control via Temperature-Selective Organocatalyzed Living Radical Polymerization. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 58.
- C. G. Wang, C. Chen, K. Sakakibara, Y. Tsujii, A. Goto. (2018). Facile Fabrication of Concentrated Polymer Brushes and Complex Patterned Surfaces via Photo-Controlled Organocatalyzed Living Radical Polymerization. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 57, 13504-13507.
- J. Zheng, C. G. Wang, Y. Yamaguchi, M. Miyamoto, A. Goto. (2018). Temperature-Selective Dual Radical Generation from Alkyl Diiodide: Applications to Synthesis of Asymmetric CABC Multi-Block Copolymers and Their Unique Assembly Structures. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 57, 1552-1556.
- C. G. Wang, A. Goto. (2017). Solvent-Selective Reactions of Alkyl Iodide with Sodium Azide for Radical Generation and Azide Substitution and Their Application to One-Pot Synthesis of Chain-End Functionalized Polymers. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 139, 10551-10560.
- A. Ohtsuki, L. Lei, M. Tanishima, A. Goto, H. Kaji. (2015). Photo-Controlled Organocatalyzed Living Radical Polymerization Feasible over a Wide Range of Wavelengths. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137, 5610-5617.
« Back to Research Directory