|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Damien Joseph
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4831
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2006
- MBus Nanyang Technological University 1999
- Dip.Intelligent Sys. Japan-Singapore AI Centre 1993
- BBus Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology 1992
|Damien Joseph is an Associate Professor of Information Technology at the Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), where he received his Ph.D in Information Technology. His research interests are in the management of information technology professionals, examining issues relating to IT work, compensation, competencies, career and culture. His research is published in top international journals including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Communications of the ACM and Communications of the AIS. Damien is a regular participant at major international conferences where his research has won best paper awards. |
Damien has extensive consulting experience serving major local and international organisations. He serves on multiple award and policy committees in Singapore Computer Society. Damien has also served as a consultant to the Center for Creative Leadership (Greensboro, NC) on its global leadership studies; the Information Technology Management Association (ITMA, Singapore) on its salary benchmarking exercises in Singapore and around the Asian region; the International Labor Organization (Geneva) on its World Employment Report 2001; Housing Development Board (Singapore); Singapore Airlines; and Singapore IT Dispute Resolution Committee. Damien’s IT professional experiences are in intelligent systems development; systems integration and end-user computing. He is a Fellow of the Singapore Computer Society and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)..
|His research interests are in the management of high-technology professionals, specifically examining issues relating to career, compensation, competencies, culture, and leadership.|
- The Antecedents Influencing And Consequences Arising From the Careers of IT Professionals
- The Role of Career Interventions in Entry and Persistence in IT Careers
- The Role of Career Interventions in School to Work Transitions of IT Professionals.
- The Sustainable IT Professional: Cross-Cultural Studies on the Meaning of IT Work; Work Attitudes and Motivations; and Competencies of IT Professionals.
- Amit Das., Harminder Singh, and Damien Joseph. (2017). A Longitudinal Study of E-Government Maturity. Information and Management, 52(3), 415-426.
- Damien Joseph, Soon Ang and Sandra Slaughter. (2015). Turnover or Turnaway? Competing Risks Analysis of Male and Female IT Professionals' Job Mobility and Relative Pay Gap. Information Systems Research, 26(1), 145-164.
- Damien Joseph, Wai Fong Boh, Soon Ang and Sandra Slaughter. (2012). Career Paths Less (or More) Traveled: A Sequence Analysis of IT Career Histories, Mobility Patterns and Career Success. MIS Quarterly, 36(2), 427-452.
- Damien Joseph, Soon Ang, Roger H.L. Chiang and Sandra A. Slaughter. (2010). Practical Intelligence in IT: Assessing Soft Skills of IT Professionals. Communications of the ACM, 53(2), 149-154.
- Damien Joseph, Kok Yee Ng, Christine Siew Kuan Koh, Soon Ang. (2007). Turnover of Information Technology Professionals: A Narrative Review, Meta-Analytic Structural Equation Modeling and Theory Building. MIS Quarterly, 31(3), 547-577.
« Back to Research Directory