|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hooi Den Huan
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5562
- PhD University of Manchester 1989
- BSc(Hons) University of Bradford 1977
|Hooi Den Huan is an Associate Professor at the Nanyang Business School’s Marketing and International Business division and was a past Director of NTU’s Nanyang Technopreneurship Center, former Head of the Marketing and Hospitality & Tourism Management department and a member of the university’s Blue Ribbon Commission. Educated in St Michael's Institution in Ipoh, he completed his BSc (Hons) in Business Studies at the University of Bradford and his Phd at the University of Manchester. |
Den’s professional qualifications include being a Chartered Marketer (CIMUK), Chartered Accountant (ICAEW) and Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA) and he was a Visiting Scholar at the Sloan School of Management, MIT.
In the area of publications, Den had published in various journals, primarily academic-practitioner types, and presented papers in a number of conferences. Together with Philip Kotler and Hermawan Kartajaya, Den had co-authored 4 books – Rethinking Marketing (2003, also with Sandra Liu), Think ASEAN! (2007), Think NEW ASEAN! (2015) and Marketing for Competitiveness (2017). They are now working on their fifth book, Asian Competitors case book, due to be released this year (2018). He had also been the editor of a book of “Cases in Singapore Hospitality and Tourism Management” (1999) and he sits on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Quality Innovation and the Retail and Marketing Review.
Den is a Supervisor of the Executive board of the Asian Marketing Federation Foundation; a Vice-President of the Asian Council for Small Business, an honorary consultant with the China Center for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT); a Babson TETA Fellow and an advisor of ICSB Singapore; the School of Business Management, ITB, Indonesia and the Times Higher Education, Times of India.
He was conferred a Distinguished Global Leadership award by the Pan Pacific Business Association (2011), the ICSB President award (2014); a Fellowship by the Malaysian Institute of Marketing (2016) and an Honorary Fellowship by the Marketing Institute of Singapore (2018).
|Hooi Den Huan's areas of expertise are in marketing and strategy.
Marketing and entrepreneurship
- Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Hooi Den Huan. (2015). Think New ASEAN!. McGraw-Hill Education.
- Hooi Den Huan. (2014). Pedagogical innovation: Developing and delivering an enterprising educational eco-system in NTU. Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) ConferenceSingapore.
- Hooi Den Huan. (2014). Technopreneurship Education in the 21st Century. National Symposium on Education for Entrepreneurship and InnovationMuscat, Oman.
- Hooi Den Huan. (2013). Global Management education for the 21st Century – Impact and Implications for Asian UniversitiesTimes Higher Education, Times of India.
- Hooi Den Huan and Wan Chew Yoong. (2012). Entrepreneurship Education: Collaboration and Co-creation for Innovation. Pan Pacific Conference XXIXHaikou, China: Pan-Pacific Business Association.
« Back to Research Directory