|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Kong Wai-Kin Adams
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6513 8041
- PhD University of Waterloo 2007
- MPhil The Hong Kong Polytechnic University 2002
- BEng (Hons) Hong Kong Baptist University 1998
|Since attaining his Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo, Canada in 2007,
Asst Prof Adams Kong has gone on to publish 12 journal and over 20 conference papers. He has developed three patents, of which, one has been approved while two others have been filed.
During his course of study, he has also gone to win the Scholastic Award from the Hong Kong Baptist University - an award presented only to the top student in his department. As a finalist of the 4th Young Inventor Awards 2002-2003, organized by Hewlett Packard and Far Eastern Economic Review, this capable inventor has received resounding media coverage for his “Palm Print Identification Algorithms for Real-Time Personal Identification”.
This palmprint identification system has earned several international and national awards. It has aslo been applied to several real applications, including the control of access to a laboratory and a hotel. He has recently been listed as one of the “Who’s Who” in the World.
|His major research interests include pattern recognition, image processing and biometric security. In addition to his professional research interests, he spends time on global issues (e.g. global warming and food crisis).|
- A Body Image Management System
- A Body Vein Pattern verification System for Criminal Investigation
- A Mobile Imaging System for Forensic Analysis Based on Skin
- A Next Generation Criminal and Victim Identification System
- A Robust and Accurate Palmprint Recognition System for Large-Scale Identification
- A Vein Pattern Indentification System
- Classification & Characterization of Hyperpigmented Spot types
- Developing a non-invasive method to measure advance glyrated end products in skin
- Development of a Computational Method for Identifying Giant Pandas in Images
- Development of an automated measurement of the psoriasis area and severity index: a proof-of-concept study
- Digital Analytics
- Forensics Based on Skin in Evidence Images
- Generating Tattoo Images from Generic Images
- NTU EcoCampus R&D Initiative - Development Project
- Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS)
- Theory of Iris Recognition and its Applications
- Ultrasonic Speech: for private and secure mobile communications
- Ultrasonic speech: for private and secure mobilecommunications
- Using body geometry as supportive information for personal identification - RG 14/14
- Validation of an algorithm that automatically segment and calculate the area affected by vitiligo on the trunk of patients for assessment of extent of disease and response to treatment in patients with vitiligo
- Adams Wai Kin Kong, D. Zhang, M. Kamel. (2008). Three Measures for Secure Palmprint Identification. Pattern Recognition, 41(4), 1329-1337.
- Adams Wai Kin Kong, D. Zhang*, M. Kamel*. (2006). An analysis of brute-force break-ins of a palmprint authentication system. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, 36(5), 1201-1205.
- Adams Wai Kin Kong, D. Zhang*, G. Lu*. (2006). A study of identical twins' palmprint for personal verification. Pattern Recognition, 39(11), 2149-2156.
- Adams Wai Kin Kong, D. Zhang, M. Kamel. (2006). An anatomy of IrisCode for precise phase representation. (pp. 429-432).
- Adams Wai Kin Kong, K.H. Cheung, D.Zhang, M.Kamel, J.You. (2006). An analysis of Biohashing and its variants. Pattern Recognition, 39(7), 1359-1368.
« Back to Research Directory